Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the quickest way to gain account level?

Wulfgang

Hey guys; I've only been playing for less than a day; recently got the Hunter Founder Pack since I feel this game really does have some good potential.

Anyways; I wanted to ask what the quickest way to level your account level besides grinding/repeating missions? I've gotten level 1 so far, though getting 2 is fairly slow. I sorta wanna head on over to Venus, but I believe that said the difficulty level is 3-5 for the first. I actually tried the first level and solo'd it. Was pretty decent/manageable. Though I noticed the mobs weren't very easy. XD

So, does the Account Level reflect on the difficulty level as well? (I'm assuming yes, but I wanted to be sure.)

I did see a few other similar threads, but I don't believe they were exactly the same questions I had.. I was also wondering if Affinity boosters make the Account EXP go quicker?

The account level currently does not matter much except for certain xp-locked items. This will change in the future. I think the difficulty level means the level of the enemies. You should be able to do much of Venus even if you're level 1 (initiate).

You'll find that using cover becomes more important as you progress. Mobs can take down your shields and health very quickly. Also, the become more accurate and harder to kill in the later planets.

The account level as you say goes up by 100pts (I think?) when you increase a rank in a weapon or frame.

Edited by Windbow

Affinity boosters will make you gain mastery faster, since the faster you level your gear up the faster you will gain mastery.

One trick some people do is just keep buying latos, then after a mission sell it and buy a new one. Should gain a few levels each run at as it is unranked, so you should be earning at least 200 mastery per run. Im not a big fan of that method though, ideally they should fix that.

If you just naturally play and level up gear your mastery rank will go up, there isnt too much of a rush to get to a high rank now. They might even change how it all works in the future, who knows.

Ah yeah, your "account level" doesnt really mean much either as the windbow mentioned. What matters more is the level of your warframe and weapons, which levels up independantly of your account level

Edited by Kilikaji

There are a couple of terms that need clearing up here :)

Affinity is the experience used by warframes & weapons to go up in rank.

Mastery, like darkelmo said, is the account exp. You gain 100 mastery points each time you rank-up a warframe or weapon.

So let's say you start with your Skana, and it goes from unranked to rank 1. You've gained 100 mastery. Once you bring it to rank 2, you gain another 100 mastery.

Bringing it from rank 29 to rank 30 brings 100 mastery too.

As far as I understand it, once your weapon or warframe hits rank 30, you can't gain any mastery anymore.

So basically to gain more mastery you need to level another weapon or warframe.

It's been suggested to buy rank up the late a bit (rank 4 or so), sell it, then rebuy it again and rank it up to 4 again (rinse & repeat).

I don't know if this is viable or will even be allowed on release.

[edit] seems there are people with much faster typing skill then me hehe :)

Edited by Kalara

It's been suggested to buy rank up the late a bit (rank 4 or so), sell it, then rebuy it again and rank it up to 4 again (rinse & repeat).

I don't know if this is viable or will even be allowed on release.

Yeah, I think this needs to be fixed asap. I don't think it's intended, tbh. Also silly. You go up in affinity with a lato and then sell it. You then lose all knowledge of using that weapon? So when you buy another lato, you have to figure it out from scratch? :/

Yeah, I think this needs to be fixed asap. I don't think it's intended, tbh. Also silly. You go up in affinity with a lato and then sell it. You then lose all knowledge of using that weapon? So when you buy another lato, you have to figure it out from scratch? :/

Yeah, its nice that free players can still gain mastery by selling their old weapons to level with new ones. However its a little too easy to abbuse it that way.

Yeah, its nice that free players can still gain mastery by selling their old weapons to level with new ones. However its a little too easy to abbuse it that way.

I suspect that the Lato trick doesn't work anymore. I tried it earlier and didn't earn any mastery points from ranking up a second, newly-bought Lato (but did earn mastery from ranking up the first).