Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum

Clarocca

In the future will you be able to get small amounts of platinum or, in rare occasions large amounts? If so when will this be out? Does anyone know?

-Clarocca8

Like the discounts mentioned, these seem to be the way to go, someone had obtained a 50% discount valid for 48hrs, that's pretty good to me. As for small-large amounts, there's the $5, which is 75 plat and that to me IS small, and then the largest is $200, which gets you 4300 plat plus the 3 rare mods...Then there's Founder packages, those are always a good way to to go and just upgrade as you can.

Will never happen. That's the F2P racket.

Star trek online grants you the chance to buy tokens forstore items in their system... Its slow to get what you need and  there are sinks (rather helpful ones mind you).

If you give TO online time you can and will get every thing for free

Something like this wont happen.

You already can get every equipment by simply playing the game. There is no need to give away plat for free as well....

Currently there is a lot of things that can not be obtained by just playng(inventory slots, vauban) or it's almost imposible to obtain some of the stuff(Thunderbolt, Handspring, Frostprime etc).

F2P = free trail and if you like the product drop some dough. Really, this game took thousands and thousands of man hours to create, when else in the world can you get such an expensive product for free? Are you going to buy and maintain the server that's probably upwards of tens of thousand of dollars? Are you going to create new contact? No? The people that do should get paid otherwise the game as an enterprise will not float. Even if you only drop five dollars it's still a bargin in your favor. Just don't think that F2P means free, its actually a pretty misleading term.

F2P = free trail and if you like the product drop some dough. Really, this game took thousands and thousands of man hours to create, when else in the world can you get such an expensive product for free? Are you going to buy and maintain the server that's probably upwards of tens of thousand of dollars? Are you going to create new contact? No? The people that do should get paid otherwise the game as an enterprise will not float. Even if you only drop five dollars it's still a bargin in your favor. Just don't think that F2P means free, its actually a pretty misleading term.

F2P games should not restrict game experience for ppls who dont want invest money in game, if it does then it's not F2P it's unlimited trial like SWTOR and now Warframe. 

It's OK if this game well be unlimited trial, but dont call it F2P then.

I wasted about 300$ on keys(which not affect gamplay at all) in Dota 2 and only 10$ in Warframe, and i not planing to invest more in this game coz i see no point in paying for acces to content in F2P game.

Edited by Keetsune

F2P games should not restrict game experience for ppls who dont want invest money in game,

Why should they not restrict your experience If you dont want to support the game. Why should they make it easy for you to get all the content. This is a business, not charity.You can have vauban and all the other alert things. If you dont want to pay, ok. But dont expect to get everything for nothing so easy.

And inventory slots are something they work on. slots for progression./Mastery could be the answer: rank. 1 rank=frame / 2 rank=weapon / 3 rank=frame ect.....

Edited by Venarge

Why should they make it easy for you to get all the content. 

I'm ok with hard work to achive the goal, but "imposible" to achive result it's other thing.

And what about Vaubtan it's not the content that u can get as reward for hard work in game so dont even try to use it as example.

Why should they not restrict your experience

Then call it Unlimited Trial and not F2P.

Edited by Keetsune

I'm ok with hard work to achive the goal, but "imposible" to achive result it's other thing.

And what about Vaubtan it's not the content that u can get as reward for hard work in game so dont even try to use it as example.

Then call it Unlimited Trial and not F2P.

Funny that you complain about Vauban but not about the ceramic dagger/heat dagger/dark sword that are only able to drop by luck as well. And we dont have 12 other frames that are easier to get as well, isnt it.....

its just because you want it and cant get it quickly. You will be rewarded. For patience. But well. This word doesnt mean anything these days.

Free to play.

Ehm. Sorry but Free to play isnt something that stands for "Get everything for nothing".

It means that you can play, without having to pay. Thats it. If you feel uncomfortable with that, well, thats your problem.

But dont try to make F2P being the euphemism for "Get everything without having to pay"

Edited by Venarge

They need to allow us to set our own platinum using special cards...

Maybe things like Karma Koins for those who don't have Debit Cards...

You can use Steam wallet, and many game stores sell Steam wallet "prepaid" cards allready... No need for credit card.

Personally I think the balance is about right, you can pay your way with either time or money (though I will agree that platinum is overpriced - founders club excepted).

For F2P games it's always a tough balance for the Devs, and playing my fair share I think Warframe is one of the fairest.

If I spend a small amount of money, someone with either more time or more money will have better stuff than me.

You should always pay your way in the world, and I think games like this give us a great opportunity to pay what we want for the game, and in return get added benefits.

The bottom line is that without the people buying stuff, there is no game. If you pay nothing and can still get pretty much everything (bar a few convenience items) then you are very lucky imho.