The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Frame Abilities From Drop Tables. Period.

BlackRosesHeart

Title.  There is absolutely no reason for, in almost every mission, 50% or more of the mods gathered to be abilities for frames.  Especially since every ability maxes at rank 3, which is pathetically easy to do with even mismatched polarities - I've maxed Saryn's ult just using the rifle and shotgun crit mods that seem to drop whenever I'm NOT getting something from Loki, Ash or Rhino, all frames I never intend to use.  Not to mention, finally getting a rare card only to find that it's an ability for a frame that's either unowned, or owned but already maxed, means that that drop essentially may as well not have happened.

i have been pumping my serration and hornet strike with skill mods. they are getting closer and closer to max.

it works great as a filler and its not like you would start getting things you wanted. they would be just as rare or hard to get. they would just drop less, and you would have less mods to work with.

i have been pumping my serration and hornet strike with skill mods. they are getting closer and closer to max.

it works great as a filler and its not like you would start getting things you wanted. they would be just as rare or hard to get. they would just drop less, and you would have less mods to work with.

If they removed the ability mod drops and replaced it with common fusion cores at like 1/8 the rate, you would STILL be able to max those mods faster, and it wouldn't be nearly as frustrating as seeing 10 mods drop in a mission and having 5-8 of them turn out to be #1 abilities for a frame. 

I kinda need my daily dosis of "Fireball"s and "Mind Control"s .

Edit: Increasing the drop of fusion cores wouldn't be a solution at all. And it would just make the game that much easier if common fusion would be even more common.

Edited by MegaWuchi

If they removed the ability mod drops and replaced it with common fusion cores at like 1/8 the rate, you would STILL be able to max those mods faster, and it wouldn't be nearly as frustrating as seeing 10 mods drop in a mission and having 5-8 of them turn out to be #1 abilities for a frame. 

Hey, that's an idea! Some way to convert ability mods into fusion cores would be really helpful!

Hey, that's an idea! Some way to convert ability mods into fusion cores would be really helpful!

Yes. DO THIS NOW! Maybe 5 mods of the same polarity could be turned into a level 3 fusion core.

Edited by TheRussianPotato

Having the ability to turn the mods into fusion cores would make it much less infuriating to constantly see them, but really there's no reason to have them at all.  Yes, if they were removed you'd need to lock the mods so that they couldn't be used in fusions, which, unless my Super Jump mod is bugged, is already possible.

I think I already suggested something to use all those mods conveniently.

Fusion core BPs, where you pay some credits to convert several useless ability mods into useful fusion cores. 

It's surprising how quite a few were against that, but now I'm seeing a thread about how ability mods are useless and clutter.

As a compromise to removing them completely, it might be better off if class mods were removed from the drop tables and then re-added to either their respective boss or boss-level drop tables (Possibly as an uncommon rarity just to offset the fewer drop locations)

Frankly it's ridiculous how bloated the rare pool is, and that the vast majority of mods you find in the Void are class mods with little purpose

Hell, every time I get a new frame out of the oven the first 6-7 pages of the mod list are all duplicates of the first skill, record was 14 of Ash's Shuriken

No dude, removing it from the table would allow other stuff to fill in their stead. And let's be honest, if they're great fodder, you can use other stuff like fodder.