Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twin Vipers Vs Twin Broncos

aTaVaX

Question

17 answers to this question

Single bronco is better than dual

Why's the single better ? Someone proved on  the wiki that the dual broncos had better DPM or DPS even with the longer reload time. But for the look i prefer the single bronco.

Edit: Someone named Septfox posted that on the wiki page:

single Bronco: Fires 65 rounds/min (time ran out halfway through clip). Fire rate increased to 78 rounds/min with the reload mod.

Dual Bronco: Fires 76 rounds/min. Fire rate increased to a whopping 96rounds/min with the reload mod.

Edited by 0Frank0

Vipers need to conserve ammo, Broncos don't. Personally I prefer the vipers as you can get more range off of them. Broncos are sort of redundant because you have melee unless you're using a glaive.

In regards to DPS/DPM for dual vs single bronco it's not really a matter of math unless you're unloading on a boss which is dangerous at close ranges anyway. I prefer the single bronco for its faster reload time.

Edited by Engelheim

Here's some values for discussion. I used the values from the wiki page.

Dual Broncos:

(4*105)/(4/8,3+2,2)=156,6 sustained dps

Bronco:

(2*105)/(2/5,0+1,0)=150,0 sustained dps

It's not a big difference.

Edited by Inofor

Here's some values for discussion. I used the values from the wiki page.

Dual Broncos:

(4*105)/(4/8,3+2,2)=156,6 sustained dps

Bronco:

(2*105)/(2/5,0+1,0)=150,0 sustained dps

It's not a big difference.

Well I guess its a matter of taste then.... Though those 4 shots can sometime be convenient and that polarity slot aswell.

Edited by 0Frank0

Well I guess its a matter of taste then.... Though those 4 shots can sometime be convenient and that polarity slot aswell.

that's pretty much the best reason to go dual with broncos. 

as far the original topic, broncos are pretty much slapping range weapons, so if you want something a bit more well rounded go with the vipers.  otherwise, broncos can be pretty fun.

It's 5 with the magazine mod.

To add to this:

4*1,15=4,6 rounds up to 5 shots

for a single bronco:

2*1,25=2,5 rounds up to 3 shots

15% slip magazine mod for Dual Broncos

25% slip magazine mod for Bronco

Edited by Inofor

Looking at DPS Twin Viper is superior by some 35 damage, if you add in the reload times then the difference is probably less, although it is easier to kill stuff at medium range or try and get headshots with Twin Viper, provided you have what it takes to burst fire.

I have the TVipers I love them. If you choose them my first suggestion is to not use gunslinger because it will reduce your accuracy and ability to burst fire for a minimal DPS increase. The gun is so fast that if you shoot until you don't see numbers anymore you are wasting at least 1/3 of your clip, so when you enter a level get a feel of how many bullets it takes to kill something and burst fire accordingly, essentially stop shooting before the enemy seems dead. Also, you can't use it like other guns where you start shooting before the enemy is in your crossair, you need to be aiming in the right spot from the start or your clip will be empty before you hit anyhting. If you do burst fire then the ammo is not too much of a problem, you have 2 other weapons on you anyway and pistol ammo isn't rare as loot or drop.

Incase I was not clear, if you don't burst fire you will hate this weapon, it actually requires some skill to use and a lot of self restraint... the trigger is always calling you to just unload the clip, very tempting, but very inefficient, the enemy you killed with 1/4 of your clip would just soak up the othe other 3/4.

Edited by CubedOobleck

my main primary is a paris with a thunderbolt, and other primary i might end up using a bit is the torid so i'm more looking for a close range secondary for when enemies are too close to use the paris.

how do they scale with levels? i do have maxed out hornet strike and multi shot. do you put puncture on to try to increase the ammo efficiency? 

Edited by aTaVaX

my main primary is a paris with a thunderbolt, and other primary i might end up using a bit is the torid so i'm more looking for a close range secondary for when enemies are too close to use the paris.

how do they scale with levels? i do have maxed out hornet strike and multi shot. do you put puncture on to try to increase the ammo efficiency? 

I found that Broncos are very underwhelming for higher levels, especially high lv defense. Vipers are much better for this.

Edited by Engelheim

despair are so boring... they do look cooler than the kunai though, i'll give them that. 

yeah, it seems like the best way to increase the dps of the twin vipers is to increase clip size, not the rate of fire. So you would be able to still fire the small bursts but be able to fire longer without the reload. 

Edited by aTaVaX