Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Update 8: Rare Material Drop Rate

ADDpillz

after 8 Rare Materials such as Neurodes, Control Modules, Morphics ect  basically no longer dropping from bosses...

or the rate has been significantly nerfed?

or is it just me?

Where was this in the patch notes?

Edited by ADDpillz

Can I say it's just you?

Try, fail, try again later, happy days when you get one :P.

Well with DE's rng you never really know. I could just be unlucky, or they could have added another 0 in front of the decimal 

One thing is boring for sure : you have to do th esame boss over agin to get those rare mats. You can get them in usual drops, but it's so rare there's no point in farming them the usual way.

So, the boss.

Some rare mat have only one boss that drops them, and that's annoying. wouldn't it be good to let any boss drop any rare mat ? So we could change a bit which one we want to face ?

Edited by vieuxchat

We have the RNG crapping our days, add some new resources and you got yourself an even lower chance of getting what you need...there hasn't been a nerf, it's just the new materials lower chances of the rares. Personally I haven't had trouble, I can gather my rares rather easily, I haven't had any issues, but maybe I'm in good with the RNG gods, too...in all seriousness, it's just being "lucky" I suppose.

Actually to be honest i've been finding rare materials in odd places.  

I'd find a morphics from a locker sooner than I'd get one from a boss.

I guess I'm okay with the change, its just I'd rather someone told me instead of having to discover it.

I'm not a rusher, but I don't enjoy doing something inefficiently no matter what mood I'm in.

We have the RNG crapping our days, add some new resources and you got yourself an even lower chance of getting what you need...there hasn't been a nerf, it's just the new materials lower chances of the rares. Personally I haven't had trouble, I can gather my rares rather easily, I haven't had any issues, but maybe I'm in good with the RNG gods, too...in all seriousness, it's just being "lucky" I suppose.

that makes sense now

pretty sure the RNG is bugged, not only have resource drop rates gone to crap wince U8 and its hotfixes but so has rare mod drop rates.  Nothing but common and uncommon drops with only a very few rares even seen.  Some rares seem to have disappeared from the drop tables altogether.

Been grinding Hyena for most of the day. Got 2 control modules, a few times he dropped absolutely nothing, sometimes nurnurdpurds and then the rest of the time it was just some ferrite. Got a few BPs and maybe half a dozen mods. but didn't really look at the last two, as I have built the warframe and the mods are hard to keep count of...

This is for half a day of WORK. The drop rates used to be more bearable before the new materials, but now... Just wow. I am not very happy about this sudden blow below the waist. I enjoy this game very much, but lately things like these have severely hurt my ability to enjoy the game.

Edited by SoanoS

I ran... who was it... 'Ambassitor' Hek like 10 times one night trying to find some morphics for my Rhino chassis, and got nothing other then a butt-load of those clan mats which I can't use and have little interest in. Then I ran him again the next day and got like 4 in one run. 

The RNG is defiantly off right now, clan and common (yellow) materials should have a lower drop chance off of the bosses, and the rare non-clan mats a higher one. I kinda like where a lot of the common mats are right now, you find them randomly throughout missions and typically haven't had that much of an issue finding them. If I need some I go do a couple random missions in a system that provides that mat and I'll get a few drops. If I really need to farm it then defense missions.

But the rare mats.... Neurodes and Controllers are REALLY starting to annoy me. Given how much harder it is to build a frame vs straight up buying one already I think they should have their drop rate increased. not to the point of being common, but I don't like the idea of boss farming for them.

I could say the same about frame BPs, make them very rarely drop off mobs in the system that has the boss that drops them, but no where nearly as commonly as they drop off a boss.

I dunno, just a thought.

I could say the same about frame BPs, make them very rarely drop off mobs in the system that has the boss that drops them, but no where nearly as commonly as they drop off a boss.

I dunno, just a thought.

How about if they has a chance to be awarded in endless defense mission in that system ... say wave 20+, might give people more reason to actually try going past 5/10 which is where most seem to stop these days.

This needs looking at very seriously. I'm a semi casual player because of having a daughter these days. That being said I still put over 2 hours per night MOST nights and some longer sessions on weekends in and I'm basically stuck progressing because I can't even get morphics let alone control modules etc.

Personally I'm not finding common materials 'too' hard to find but I'm a diligent chest and locker finder.

Blueprints are a joke now. We've basically given up as a group trying to progress the number of warframes we have and the void just depressed us and I need not even bother to mention rewards from Alerts.

I'm getting close to buying Aklato for credits just so I'll have something new to level.

I hope they look soon because I can feel the desire to log on diminishing.

It is confirmed to be damaged by the new blue material drops and is gonna be looked at as mentioned by DE Rebecca.

Thats a good point, Ive been saying for awhile that bosses SHOULD NOT drop blue materials... that might fix the issue with bosses.

Was about to reach level 4 and was prepping mats to buy the Hek.

12 hours of killing bosses later and 0 neurodes drops and I'm pretty certain that I'm just gonna take a break till this is fixed. 

this is the story of my last 6 days

also welcome to the forums

Well with DE's rng you never really know. I could just be unlucky, or they could have added another 0 in front of the decimal 

Extra zero in front of the decimal wouldn't change anything :P

But in all seriousness, the last five times I killed Phorid, it dropped..... drumroll... 17-20 plastids, every time. Whoo hoo, 5 minutes spent getting a drop I could get from 1 container.

Thats a good point, Ive been saying for awhile that bosses SHOULD NOT drop blue materials... that might fix the issue with bosses.

And thus is the massive, gaping flaw to their current RNG system.

RNG isn't a bad thing, but the way they've gone about it is horrible.

after 8 Rare Materials such as Neurodes, Control Modules, Morphics ect  basically no longer dropping from bosses...

or the rate has been significantly nerfed?

or is it just me?

Where was this in the patch notes?

The drop rate has been dramatically reduced. That is even more ridiculous because you spend 5-10 minutes to complete a boss kill mission and only 10-15 seconds or so to actually kill that boss.

Edited by rlro

Been farming Hyena for about 8+ hours today... Not a single Control module..

DE, please, have a look at the drop tables, I think the new blue materials have somehow pushed the rare materials out of the drop table or something, or have caused their drop chance to drop to something like 0.001%.