Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Use Of The Wall Run And Zipline

BoompigXD

These two things are two VERRRRRRRRY underused mechanics and i would like to see some more usage of them and heres my proposals

-Zipline

I was thinking of having enemies be able to use them. For example on Kiliken on that one map. The enemies could zipline over to you and get to the cryopod faster. They could also take potshots while doing this. This could also lead to entire sections where you are Ziplining and enemies are also on the Ziplines shooting at you and must shoot them all off or they will kill you.

-Wall Run

I would like it to be more of a combat or platforming maneuver. You could have the horizontal Wall Run automatically switch your view to the side of the wall so you could shoot enemies with ease. You could also have backflip takedowns after the vertical Wall Run. Also it could be used to add a lot more platforming in the game. I've made a thread about platforming in this game and i would like to see it.

These are my proposals. Give your feedback and other ideas on how to make more usage of these two mechanics. 

EDIT: Link to my Platforming Suggestion Thread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/50482-suggestion-platforming/

Edited by BoompigXD

Make the zipline faster, is my only complaint. Often I have a quicker time just dashing and then sliding over the gap.

Wallrun is used for some shortcuts and secret areas.

I've never seen the Wall Run used for Secret stuff and i think the zipline is pretty fast

Yup, Grineer certainly use ziplines.

Not sure it'd make sense of Moa's started using them though :p

I'd love to see more solid combat use out of wall-running and stuff, but I think you'd need to implement proper mob/player connection first.

Like, add proper "finishing move" animations, which would then allow you to add proper wall-running takedowns and stuff.

The problem with the attack system as it stands, is that a wall-running takedown would be really hard to line up, due to latency and the simple limitations of the game's hit detection.

I mean, you can already do wall-running attacks (equip a sword, and you'll even get a unique animation for it), but I haven't found it useful yet.

One criticism:

"This could also lead to entire sections where you are Ziplining and enemies are also on the Ziplines shooting at you and must shoot them all off or they will kill you."

Sounds like an on-rails mini-game to me :p

Sorry, off topic but, those secret areas should have a slightly better chance to drop better loot if they don't already. The one in the Grineer tileset you have to wallrun over a cliff, and then unlock a door to let people on the other side through. It should be worth it to go in there. Yeah, I also only found out about it because of Thief's Wit, it showed me stuff behind a locked door, I later saw a window I could wallrun through leading to that area, so i tried it and got some mats. 

Edited by Cerebrum123

If you think wall running doesn't play a part in the current game, I encourage you to use it more. Many of the things you're suggesting are already in the game.

As to ziplines...screw ziplines..I'm'a ninja. If I'm going to use a zipline, I want the ability to attach to it mid flight and slingshot myself off of it, otherwise it serves no purpose. Anywhere there's a zipline in the game, you can get to where it sends you faster by either sprint->crouch->jump or a series of mini-wall runs slingshotting you.