Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Why Is This Going To Be A Launch Title For The Ps4?

RealityMachina

I merely speculated upon the reasons and offered my thoughts. I only attempted to answer your question to the best of my ability, not give the definite truth. So I fail to see why you'd take it so seriously.

But the point still stands that resources that could have been used upon for example expanding Warframe further are being pooled into creating a console port. So at least on that front I can have an understanding, even though I of course is more profitable to expand the game to a new platform.

Don't worry, I didn't mean to take what you said too seriously. But my original question was mostly rhetorical, as I'm pretty capable of understanding that people can be against something for purely emotional reasons.

DE is a bigger studio than just Warframe. I doubt they're cutting any significant budget from the PC version to split it up between it and the console. This situation is more of a case of allocating more budget rather than spreading it out.

- so it basically boils down to elitism and the dirty console gaming peasants making a mess of the PC master race's stuff. Can't say I have much sympathy for that.

Pretty much, of all the forum platform wars ive seen. Most have been instigated by PC elitists. Just an observation before anyone decides to start anything.

What I wanna know is that can I link my PSN ID with my WF account, so that when I give up the PC to another I can go on my PS3 and play?

Pretty much, of all the forum platform wars ive seen. Most have been instigated by PC elitists. Just an observation before anyone decides to start anything.

What I wanna know is that can I link my PSN ID with my WF account, so that when I give up the PC to another I can go on my PS3 and play?

That's interesting. But I think they'd make them completely separate, as in to give everyone a fresh and equal footing. So you should be able to link it and just go on to PS4 but with nothing from your PC account.

That's interesting. But I think they'd make them completely separate, as in to give everyone a fresh and equal footing. So you should be able to link it and just go on to PS4 but with nothing from your PC account.

That doesn't make any sense.

If I'm a warframe player and have sunk hundreds of hours into the game, as many have, what possible reason would I have to start all over from scratch on the PS4??

Especially since some were already insane enough to do the optional reset?

Honestly, from a dev's perspective it makes no sense either. Why would you miss out on giving your consol version an ENORMOUS player base boost for others to play with?

Equal footing? it's PvE, if anything an inequality in footing will only serve to show new players what shiny cool stuff is available and make them motivated to keep with it...

If you have been listening to industry news, PS4 is based on x86 architecture so why not put it on PS4, its easy and free money. I am glad they are taking advantage of the opportunity.

Yea, but, see its not finished product. will end up something like WArZ, and you dont want that now do you?

Edited by Mabswer

That doesn't make any sense.

If I'm a warframe player and have sunk hundreds of hours into the game, as many have, what possible reason would I have to start all over from scratch on the PS4??

Especially since some were already insane enough to do the optional reset?

Honestly, from a dev's perspective it makes no sense either. Why would you miss out on giving your consol version an ENORMOUS player base boost for others to play with?

Equal footing? it's PvE, if anything an inequality in footing will only serve to show new players what shiny cool stuff is available and make them motivated to keep with it...

I sure hope I am mistaken and that PC warframe players are rewarded when playing the console version. Sadly, it can be considered a new game which is why its being ported by a new team for a new platform. Perhaps you'll get some unique item(s) as a reward for being an early bird, but it doesn't make much sense to grant half the players who happened to be part of the PC game all the weapons and warframes available and saying "tough luck" to the others.

What you say doesn't make much sense either. What's the point in playing the game if you already start with every piece of gear and weapon? But, I guess we just different views regarding on how to start a game. I hope though the devs will support your view over mine.

This assumes cross-platform connections (which are mainly up to Sony). There is also a downside to us PC players as depending on how messed up Sony's patching agreements are we would have to wait for patches to stay in sync with PS4 users... so we could keep playing with them. It is not a clear cut Win/Win there.

Sony changed their licensing process so you won't be seeing the ridiculous fees from years gone by. Even no name indie games find their way on PSN now. I also see no reason why this game wouldn't be crossplay. With x86 architecture it would seem very easy to keep both versions in sync.

Edited by holdenmcclure

I don't mind the console port, look at minecraft, they ported it with less features, to the console, and it turned out pretty good, and it is the most played game on the xbl arcade.

I am just worried that Sony, will ruin everything, like they have been known to do.

This topic it's a massive ball of pc elitism covered in hate toward consoles lol. And not reading what the devs have been sayin'.

First off, congrats on DE, really hope this works out for them.

Second, they said already that pc comes first compared to ps4, so what's the problem? I doubt they would've expanded their team anyways considering they're not gonna have just a bunch of guys helping for the ps4 port but a whole new team for it, 

I'm pretty sure they'll keep it up as it is now, maybe even better, who knows this might give them a big push to pump as much polished and working content as possible for the console release!

And cross play would be frigging awesome. Even mantaining the account, obviously.

BUT...if that's not possible, at the very least i think it would be fair to us to mantain the amount of platinum we have bought, if the shared account thing fails :\

I would love to play with console players for the fact that we will have more people. Though I am wary that many will be quite rude or immature causing fights, name calling, etc. I will just wait and see how this circus unfolds.

If you have been listening to industry news, PS4 is based on x86 architecture so why not put it on PS4, its easy and free money. I am glad they are taking advantage of the opportunity.

And that should give you a strong indication on how much the PS4 will be limited compared to the PC version. We are in 2013 and even the crappiest laptop for 100$ comes with x64.

After what Publishers did to DE's Dark Sector, I hardly think they'll go down that road again.

Sony approached DE with the offer and Sony doesn't require developers to have a publisher to get onto their console.

Edited by FatalX7

To the people complaining about me using the term alpha:

Why exactly shouldn't I use that word? I mean, I've played (and am playing) in other open betas for games by different developers. They were and are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better in polishing than Warframe is right now.

The only other game I would say was at Warframe's current level of "more buggy than an Obsidian game...before its QA testing." would be Crysis 3, when I was in its alpha test, and the Xenonauts alpha.

EDIT: And man, I did not intend to attract the PC elitists. I'm concerned about this on a "can they make this work without it backfiring" level, not a "I don't want those dirty peasants to touch my games!!1one1" level.

:(

Edited by RealityMachina

As long as they fix the PC version first, I don't care. Although, the thought of the new generation of consoles puts a bitter taste in my mouth. They will be very expensive and already be out-dated hardware when they get released. Sorry, but I'll stick with my trusty upgradable gaming PC... I don't want to be sitting on the same ancient out-dated hardware when gaming for the next 8 years.

Why exactly shouldn't I use that word? I mean, I've played (and am playing) in other open betas for games by different developers. They were and are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better in polishing than Warframe is right now.

Like that isn't an exaggeration or anything.  Also, how could you say that WF is alpha?  This is not even close to being alpha.  Alpha would be like there is extreme game breaking issues and as it stands, there are not a whole of major issues.  The biggest issue that wasn't an issue till recently, was clan/dojo things.   In short, they didn't have to add it, but they did, so now there are a few more issues, due to that.   Also, the other bugs with the game, are not that bad.  Hosting needs to be fixed but Im sure that if they were to get enough money, they could attempt to have dedicated servers, or allow dedicated servers to be owned by outside people.   Also, if you are going to start comparing products amongst companies, then perhaps look at the size of the company.  I mean, a big name company (say, EA, Activision, etc.) is able to easily have the resources and man power to get a lot of things done, while a smaller company, such as DE or even TWI, have limited resources, so they have to work even harder just to get a game built and fixed.

Like that isn't an exaggeration or anything.  Also, how could you say that WF is alpha?  This is not even close to being alpha.  Alpha would be like there is extreme game breaking issues and as it stands, there are not a whole of major issues.  The biggest issue that wasn't an issue till recently, was clan/dojo things.   In short, they didn't have to add it, but they did, so now there are a few more issues, due to that.   Also, the other bugs with the game, are not that bad.  Hosting needs to be fixed but Im sure that if they were to get enough money, they could attempt to have dedicated servers, or allow dedicated servers to be owned by outside people.   Also, if you are going to start comparing products amongst companies, then perhaps look at the size of the company.  I mean, a big name company (say, EA, Activision, etc.) is able to easily have the resources and man power to get a lot of things done, while a smaller company, such as DE or even TWI, have limited resources, so they have to work even harder just to get a game built and fixed.

is falling thru the floor at least 3-4 times a day not a gamebreaking problem? skills not working? stairs, that won't let you sprint up them? just because the shooting mechanic works (and the reload doesn't always, by the way, i'm pointing at despair/kunai) and let's you kill the enemies, i wouldn't say this is very polished as it is.

Isn't the game a F2P? Most likely going to be a App on the PS4 since it'll have constant updates regardless of what console they use... No need to freak out people, they're just trying to expand their player base to get a better possible cash flow to get the game better. Let's just hope we don't get people who will just straight out yell at random people on the forums once it's released... might be additional problems, but this is Beta.

Btw, for the OP to know.

This game is a Beta, it has its issues but it isn't considered Alpha anymore. Alpha is first release on the first game patch, not called beta from repeated patches. If this was Alpha, you'd see more bugs than now with worse situations like Credit and Plat bugs, random weapon stat resets, etc.

The only thing Alpha on this game is the Dojo because it's still a WIP, they're listening the community on the situation so they can fix everything the group majority wants it to be like. But like always, you get that one person who calls the game even worse than before just because his idea didn't get in.

No one is controlling Warframe, the DE said that they're using the other programs (Steam, G1, and now PS4) as a means of advertisement and alternative means of playing it. They don't choose what the DE will add and they won't force them either, Steve said that they're the ones who will make the game better and make the mistakes that would be found in Warframe, not those advertisement programs/websites. 

is falling thru the floor at least 3-4 times a day not a gamebreaking problem? skills not working? stairs, that won't let you sprint up them? just because the shooting mechanic works (and the reload doesn't always, by the way, i'm pointing at despair/kunai) and let's you kill the enemies, i wouldn't say this is very polished as it is.

Might be me, but I've never had an issue with falling through a map.   As for skills not working, what skills are you talking about?  Of the 5 WFs that I have and use, Ive used each and everyone of their abilities and they work.  The only one that is a bit bugged (but still works) is Rhino's Iron skin.    As for the inability to sprint up stairs, that too I don't seem to notice (maybe because when i see stairs, I slide + forward flip over them).   And as for the despair and kunai, well, those are two new weapons that were released, of course there is a chance for bugs, as with all things that a game release.   Those things can be fixed.  This game isn't complete of course, but it's not even close to what some people here refer to as alpha.  In alpha, you would be falling through maps fairly often, weapons would jam up and not fire, the aim of a weapon could be way off, bugs might cause doors to never open, or map objectives be wrong, etc.  but they don't, and thus this game is pretty much what Beta stands for.

If warframe is gonna be f2p on ps4 then that could be the best business move ever haha, imagine you buy a ps4, you have 1-2 games and you notice theres a free one on the online system (whatever its called) your gonna at least try it cos its an extra game for your new console.

If there had been a f2p game on the ps1, ps2, n64 ect ect when I was a kid, id of been all over it like stink on a sasquatch.