Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polishing The Rift Mechanic

(PSN)nysudyrgh

Hello fellow Tenno!

As of lately I've fallen in love with the Limbo Warframe. (In a purely platonic way ofcourse.)

As amazing as this frame is, I've noticed some inconsistensies regarding the Rift and how it works. (Eg. things hurting through the rift for no apparent reason.) and that a QOL change regarding the Cataclysm ability could make him even better.

Rift Walk/Banish issues:

There are some hazards and enemies which can directly hit Limbo through the Rift despite them not being banished there. I feel these may be oversights and could use fixing:

-Toxic Crawler gasclouds

-Void lasers traps

-All Hive traps

-All enemy Eximus auras

-Some Grineer spy vault lasers still trigger while in the rift

-I may be missing more, feel free to add to this list!

We cannot hack terminals while in the rift, this makes sense as the terminal is not on the same plane as we are. A Grineer Lancer who I had banished still triggered the alarms however despite being in the Rift. 

It might pay off to give us the ability to also banish objects. Things like breaking fans or hacking consoles would still be possible while staying in Rift Walk. Maybe even Datamasses or Powercells which would allow us to carry them.

Cataclysm QOL suggestion:

My suggestion here is simple really: make it possible to interact with everything that is inside the cataclysm. This can range from picking up drops inside Cataclysm to smashing Grates to hacking Consoles. This again would make sense as all those things are on the same plane as us while inside. 

Thank you for reading, feel free to add to these suggestions and voice your opinion!

Edited by (PS4)nysudyrgh