Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Back After 2 Years, Greeted With Can't Login, Constant Disconnects

(PSN)Catladon

this is on PS4, everything else works fine, i work as a Network Engineer , i know Networks. I wanted to get back into Warframe but sadly space is limited on my PS4 and i will need to delete it if i can't log in.

Some tips, include better server status message, error information, allow the ability to change server region prior to login.

a MP only game needs to be on top of it's game, and imho Warframe has committed the most deadly sin of Login errors, minimal feedback from a mature product.

I don't expect 99.9% uptime on a F2P title but this type of issue will cause people to try other games.

Have you tried analyzing your network's outbound and inbound packets with a packet capture/observing program like Wireshark? If you could figure out what's causing the issue (i.e. are you losing or receiving bad packets from the login server, is the login server responding to pings, etc) that would probably be quite a bit of help to DE staff who work on the networking code of the game and the servers. I wouldn't usually suggest users complaining about connectivity issues to use a packet capture program to analyze inbound and outbound packets to figure out what's going on, but you did mention you are a network engineer, so I figured you might be familiar with packet capture and analysis since you know networks.

Also, PSN has been under duress for the past few weeks. Holiday rush from new players firing up new PS4s to unscheduled maintenance, a lot of downtimes have been popping up here and there. And of course if the PSN is having trouble, then logging into Warframe becomes difficult as it authenticates your account via PSN.

already have for other case's, my internet is not the issue at the moment, hence 20 years working in Networks. The problem isn't so much the inability to login, it's the lack of meaningful messages, server status, response time's.Games such as Warframe live and die on their Network Infrastructure and will i suspect this is a local issue and the majority can login, more diagnostic information is needed to confirm this.

already have for other case's, my internet is not the issue at the moment, hence 20 years working in Networks. The problem isn't so much the inability to login, it's the lack of meaningful messages, server status, response time's.Games such as Warframe live and die on their Network Infrastructure and will i suspect this is a local issue and the majority can login, more diagnostic information is needed to confirm this.

Just to clarify, I think I got a bit confused in regards to what you're asking; when you say status messages, do you mean a status indicator that's run/executed locally (i.e. the launcher pings the login server to make sure it can connect before you even launch the game) or do you mean one that's handled on DE's end (i.e. DE has their login server ping major network hubs in various countries) to determine if connectivity to certain continents are not working?

Welcome back to the game.

I'm no expert on ps4, but maybe could you be reinstalling your Warframe launcher.

I know on PC all your data is stored online, guess it also works with the consoles as well.

If it is purely an issue with the Warframe app on your console, a reinstall may just work