Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Sound Artifacting/distorting 10+ Minutes Into A Mission.

TheGreatBB

Okay, so there was a hotfix that happened recently that fixed my problem with a memory leak and lag when I'm in an extended play time instance. It was great. I don't get lag like I used to unless I'm in a host issue, as it should be, but...

Now I have an audio issue around the time I used to get the FPS lag. I think the memory leak fix worked for one part, but caused the audio to start doing it. It starts off light, but progressively starts to distort more and more. At first I thought it was a specific gun my clanmate was leveling, but it happens when I'm in any instance 10+ long, even solo.

I'm not sure how to describe the sound and I'll try to get an capture next time I'm in a long instance for you to hear, but yeah...

Anyone else experiencing this issue? It could be my onboard sound or the fact I play sound through my HDMI to TV, but it didn't happen before. It's like lag for audio, while video works fine. Which was reverse before the patch.

I have had this happen when using faster firing weapons like the Gorgon series, Soma series, and Supra. Occassionally even the Grakata series will cause crackling and distortion when fired enough. One commonality is that every time it happened there was a Loki warframe user in the team though they were not the light machine gun sprayer of course.

I tried to get a reproduction today, but my internet was acting up and I was lagging overall. I'll try again tomorrow. I don't think the two are related.

I have had this happen when using faster firing weapons like the Gorgon series, Soma series, and Supra. Occassionally even the Grakata series will cause crackling and distortion when fired enough. One commonality is that every time it happened there was a Loki warframe user in the team though they were not the light machine gun sprayer of course.

No Loki. The first time I noticed it, I was on Ember Prime and my clan mate was Rhino using the Quanta.

I have also experienced it yesterday, when getting hit by mutalist tar and trying to continue firing faster weapons, the sound very noticeably starts distorting and bleeding together causing continued gunfire to start lagging the game and corrupting audio for sometimes the rest of the mission.

As of update 18.3.0, the throwing melee explosion sound when doing the triggered explosions also triggers sound distortions. Repeated use causes fps drop and eventual bleeding into other sounds. Before 18.3.0, I didn't get the sound distortion when allies used the faster firing weapons like the Soma, Supra and Gorgon but now allies firing also causes the distortion for other players. Seems especially prone when fighting enemies with large amounts of layered sounds like the Infested and Grineer who also use similar weapons.