The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help / Advice Need , Game Download / Copy

LevisLeon

Question

7 answers to this question

I was digging my old post about copying Steam version of Warframe to other PC with Steam but no luck...

So here's a new one:

1. Locate your Warframe folder in your Steam files by either A.) Right-click Warframe in your Steam then Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local files or B.) Find it here -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\

It should be like this:

V7jFM4D.jpg

2. Now find the appmanifest of your Warframe which is located here just outside of the common folder ->C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\

ems5yHy.jpg

Warframe's appmanifest is appmanifest_230410

3. Copy the whole Warframe folder and the appdata to any storage device you have.

4. Copy and paste the appdata in the other PC's steamapps folder and paste the Warframe folder in common folder.

5. Open the game and wait for a second, it might download a few bits and there but it should be fast.

That's it. That's how I transfer Warframe from my PC to other PC with Steam.

I'm not blessed with the joys of high internet speed (Philippine's internet service sucks tbh) so I mostly do this. In case you're wondering, it works with your other Steam games as well.

Cheers and good luck!

Edited by Uzpian

I'd suggest downloading it straight from the site because I don't think Steam works properly when transfered.

all the files are saved on a cloud , only files like sounds and language are saved on your local pc.

suggest downloading it back from steam.

of course downloading the steam launcher on the other computer to

Warframe isn't cloud-based, unless you mean the saves (being server-sided).  You can install Warframe on a different computer and log in with the same account and it'll be the same save.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\

That's where the Warframe files are (all 12GB or so right now) for a standard Steam install on a 64-bit version of Windows.

As for transferring it, it's a bit of a touchy process but you can google info on backing up and restoring Steam stuff.