Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accumulative Defense Rewards

U13E12_Ram

So I am sure everyone has run a defense mission at this point in the game and received a mod they can use or want as a reward early on in the mission just to pass on it hoping for a better one at a higher wave only to receive a hellfire What Iam suggesting, especially with the orokin defense missions, is to allow us to keep all the mods offered as rewards the farther we go up in waves. This will not only address the "hellfire"  firestorm(pun intended) issue by allowing us to keep all the other rewards offered and take the endless hellfire supply as just fiber for our fusion diet. Just my $.02 but what do y'all think?

I thought update 7.8.1 did it, but I guess the rewards are always incentives... to quit. To me that's always been backwards, and you should get those rewards instead of having to make the choice between taking a reward or continuing on. The devs may be thinking that you can't have it all, but it doesn't make sense to incentivize leaving the game.  You should encourage players to play at all times.

Here's the patch note that should have included this from the start. Plenty of discussion about this on t his forum and the wiki, btw. Just another thread to remind DE they haven't done it yet:

Changes:
- Inventory Checkpoint for Endless Defense added. Reaching every fifth wave (5, 10, 15…) locks in rewards earned to that point.

I thought update 7.8.1 did it, but I guess the rewards are always incentives... to quit. To me that's always been backwards, and you should get those rewards instead of having to make the choice between taking a reward or continuing on. The devs may be thinking that you can't have it all, but it doesn't make sense to incentivize leaving the game.  You should encourage players to play at all times.

Here's the patch note that should have included this from the start. Plenty of discussion about this on t his forum and the wiki, btw. Just another thread to remind DE they haven't done it yet:

Changes:

- Inventory Checkpoint for Endless Defense added. Reaching every fifth wave (5, 10, 15…) locks in rewards earned to that point.

I think that refers to pickups you collect, so if you grabbed, say, Reflex Coil in Wave 4 and then fail the mission in Wave 18 you'll still get Reflex Coil since you passed Wave 5.

Edited by Kyte

Would love to be able to get all the previously offered mission rewards on successful claim on exit on, let's say wave 30. That would be 6 mods/blueprints as rewards instead of one. Of course, if you failed at wave 29 you would only keep the mods/materials/credits you have collected up to wave 25.

This would give us more incentive to carry on than having to choose from a single hellfire or streamline every 5 waves.

First if they did this, then I wouldn't mind them having Fission Cores 3s and 5s for early to mid waves

Second, they most likely would add in a bit more ammo boxes early on, but meh, if you get all rewards it would be worth it

Third, they should just make it so you actually get better mods at the end, right now you have the same odds at wave 5 as any other wave to get a mod you want or a rare....the way they setup the math is pretty bad

I agree. It puts you at disadvantage when you play defense missions wanting to go past wave 5 only for other players to drop out or quit early for mods/BPs leaving your group crippled as you can't invite people into higher waves.

So I am sure everyone has run a defense mission at this point in the game and received a mod they can use or want as a reward early on in the mission just to pass on it hoping for a better one at a higher wave only to receive a hellfire What Iam suggesting, especially with the orokin defense missions, is to allow us to keep all the mods offered as rewards the farther we go up in waves. This will not only address the "hellfire"  firestorm(pun intended) issue by allowing us to keep all the other rewards offered and take the endless hellfire supply as just fiber for our fusion diet. Just my $.02 but what do y'all think?

Ive been saying the same thing for a long time now, we get to keep all the mods we drop, I dont see why we wouldnt get to keep the ones offered at the end of wave.