The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Pc Wont Start Properly After Game Crashed

zed_54132

So i started playing this game around the 3rd week of December and i've been trying to play it at its lowest resolution and trying to play at high performance. My computer isn't that good but it can run the game fine. Earlier today after playing in the void the my screen turned to red and green colors, froze then turned off by itself. After restarting it when the windows logo comes out my pc just shuts down and then shows a BLUE screen, something like timed out, and everytime i restart the pc it happens the same time. But when i turn to the other Hard drive the Video card seems to be working fine, i think that where i put my game or the hard drive i usually use to play Warframe with wont start at all, atleast with the video card on.

The specs of my Pc is
Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo Cpu E7200 @ 2.53 ghz 2.53 ghz
RAM : 2 gb

System type : 32- bit Operating System Windows 7

Video card : Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT

I'm sorry if i didn't put much info about my computer or the problem, I really don't know what's going on if the Video Card is busted or my Computer just cant read the Video card anymore. Also the thing that really bugs me when the bios shows when i press F2 , normally it would look clean and neat, after the game crashed there are like dots all around the screen but when i move to safe mode the disappear. Right now im using Safe mod on the same Hard drive, but when i go back to normal mode it crashes and wont atleat let me log in to my User in the PC. Please help, I don't want to wait till i get a new video card or a computer, please tell me how to fix this soon! Thank you

I'm not sure what you mean about switching drives. Do you have two separate installs of windows on separate physical drives?

These system specs are way below the minimum. (Honestly, I can't imagine how it was even playing)

The video artifacting you're referencing is usually a good indicator of a dead or severely damaged video card.

My knee-jerk response is that you've probably lost that card.

You could possibly get a new, inexpensive, video card to tide you over until you upgrade the whole system.

Something in the sub $100 range.

That sounds like either a massive driver F*** up or your HDD has died. Try boot into safe mode on the faulty one and see if that works. If it does, try remove all your video card drivers and boot up off your internal graphics (Assuming your mobo has it). That'll at least tell you if it was your HDD. 

Your card might well have died too, but if you can get it to run on a different HDD then it might not be that.

Edited by DecapitatingJim

That sounds like either a massive driver F*** up or your HDD has died. Try boot into safe mode on the faulty one and see if that works. 

Your card might well have died too, but if you can get it to run on a different HDD then it might not be that. 

ah, yeah, driver bork, possibly, but rebooting windows with "last known good configuration" should resolve that. (and 7 does a fairly good job)

the fact that it's showing video artifacting during boot before the driver has been engaged. (f2 is windows boot selection, or bios boot selection, depending on the bios, so i'm not sure which, exactly, he's referring to here) lends itself to a dead or damaged video.

ah, yeah, driver bork, possibly, but rebooting windows with "last known good configuration" should resolve that. (and 7 does a fairly good job)

the fact that it's showing video artifacting during boot before the driver has been engaged. (f2 is windows boot selection, or bios boot selection, depending on the bios, so i'm not sure which, exactly, he's referring to here) lends itself to a dead or damaged video.

From what I gathered he has 2 installs on 2 separate drives. One fucks up and one boots up fine. S'why I was thinking at least rule out if it was a HDD failure or if it was a total drive @#&$ up, since it works on one and not the other. Artifacting at bios and boot selections is most likely a dead GPU, but always good working your way down the possible reasons. 

If we could get the Bsod message it might help give us an idea of what to look at. I'm definitely thinking GPU though, just from what you've described. Did you Over Clock at all? Getting Warframe to run on something like that makes me think you OC'd something to get it to play...at all.

From what I gathered he has 2 installs on 2 separate drives. One fucks up and one boots up fine. S'why I was thinking at least rule out if it was a HDD failure or if it was a total drive @#&$ up, since it works on one and not the other. Artifacting at bios and boot selections is most likely a dead GPU, but always good working your way down the possible reasons. 

If we could get the Bsod message it might help give us an idea of what to look at. I'm definitely thinking GPU though, just from what you've described. Did you Over Clock at all? Getting Warframe to run on something like that makes me think you OC'd something to get it to play...at all.

yeah man, we're on the same page.

OP, any more info you can give us?

How many (and what model if possible) hard drives?

Any Overclocking?

hmm, True i have Installed window 7 on both Hard drives, and honestly with the specs of my computer i can play warframe but its not at the best perfromance but if it can run, i play. Like i've said That when i go to Normal mode on my First Hard drive (lets say Hard Drive A), the logo of windows appears and then shuts down, a few seconds later a blue screen appears Saying ( Display Driver error . . somehting like that) and then shut downs again. If i would to use Hard drive A then my only options would be Safe mode, safe mode with networking and the third one, but using normal mode the same thing would happen again. But when i Use my other Hard Drive (Hard Drive B) the video card seems to be working fine because i could adjust the resolution of the wall paper to its max ( up to what my video card can do) and seems to be fine Running on normal mode on Hard Drive B. But what bothers me is when i go the the screen that shows up everytime i start my PC ( idk what its called sorry,) the one the gives me the option to press F2, F8 ,F11, there are purple dots all over the screen and horizontal lines that are purple. Normally i dont see that so im not sure anymore if its the videocard or the Hard drive. I'll look for a link that shows a picture that shows the bluescreen. Thank you for reading my problem, i like warframe and im about to get Loki Prime and Frost today T_T please keep helping me, or if the last option is buying a new video card im gonna have to take it T_T 

It goes something like this : http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/51205iD52B3F9BD83AE5F5?v=mpbl-1
I think,  it goes like Display driver timedout fail.

That not from my pc though, ill get a picture of my pc's blue screen as soon as possible.

Edited by zed_54132

-snip for brevity-

Good information mate, thanks.

Your windows load on hard drive A has a corrupted driver. It can be fixed by entering safe mode, removing the device in the device manager and reinstalling it with a new copy of the driver. (from nvidia's site) this can all be done via safe mode with networking. (to acquire the driver)

However, the fact that you're seeing video artifacts during boot (before the video card's higher functions are enabled) says that the card is damaged in some fashion. If warframe is installed on your secondary drive (Drive B) then a quick launch of it will tell you very quickly if you're going to continue to be able to use it.

edit:

your hard drives are most likely undamaged.

Edited by xethier

Guys nevermind, Thanks for all your help and thank you for noticing my post. But i solved the problem :). i just baked the video card and it worked out all fine, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH for helping me analyze the problem

Good that it's working but just keep an eye on your video card. Artifacting at the bios / POST screen is usually a sign that it's on it's last legs.