The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Farming R5's

(XBOX)C0gnitive 0n3

Question

I'm familiar with how RNG works - just want to get that out of the way before anyone tells me that it's just "luck".

There was a time when anyone could, efficiently, farm R5 Fusion Cores on Triton. In ten solo runs, you could've net - at least - 20-30 cores.

For the past 3 days, starting Sunday, January 10th, I had a fair amount of luck getting the cores again. Since then, however, the odds have dropped - exponentially. In 10 solo runs, which I've tried at different times of the day, I'll now net roughly 5-10 cores.

I understand that Heiracon is the new place to farm cores - and I've tried it only to get credits and T3-4 keys - and this is after upwards of 1300 cryotic. 

Does anyone know of any node/map/mission that has a better chance for cores? I ask, simply, because I need them. Based on Prime mods that are making their way into the game, I'm sure that we will ALL need them at one point or another. If anyone knows of any efficient way to farm them, care to share?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

with the Update that pushed Pluto Dark Sector to include Excavation and Et Cetera - the rewards from Excavation Missions were all tuned across the Solar Map to better represent the Level Range they sit in.

this will have affected the Chances for all items in all Excavations.

however, with the Level Range Neptune Excavation sits at, it should still be in the same general vicinity of what it was previously.

i still suggest Interception IV or Exterminate IV as alternative Game Modes for high Fusion Core density however.