The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking For Feedback On Clan Emblem

(PSN)Daguerreotype13

Question

So I've reached out to support twice, once regarding a weapon of mine that was deleted (unrelated) and then regarding whether or not my emblem will be rejected for violating Warframe's copyright policy. The first was a month ago, the second a week ago. Since I have yet to hear back from them, and I don't want to run the risk of throwing away 150 plat, I ask what you think.

A little background: I've modeled my clan after one of my favorite video game series (next to Warframe of course) "Metal Gear". My clan got its name from a group within the game series "Foxhound." My emblem also consists of a variant of the Metal Gear Foxhound unit's emblem. The basic shape/design is similar, only I played around with the colors, cropped out sections, and added a Lotus and three Stalker Symbols.

This is the Emblem for the MGS: Foxhound unit:
Foxhound%20Original.png

A Variation of the symbol I found off google (no information given on site about copyright):
Original.png

My Emblem:
StalkerHound2.png

Thank you!

Edited by (PS4)Daguerreotype13

6 answers to this question

So I've reached out to support twice, once regarding a weapon of mine that was deleted (unrelated) and then regarding whether or not my emblem will be rejected for violating Warframe's copyright policy. The first was a month ago, the second a week ago. Since I have yet to hear back from them, and I don't want to run the risk of throwing away 150 plat, I ask what you think.

A little background: I've modeled my clan after one of my favorite video game series (next to Warframe of course) "Metal Gear". My clan got its name from a group within the game series "Foxhound." My emblem also consists of a variant of the Metal Gear Foxhound unit's emblem. The basic shape/design is similar, only I played around with the colors, cropped out sections, and added a Lotus and three Stalker Symbols.

This is the Emblem for the MGS: Foxhound unit:
Foxhound%20Original.png

A Variation of the symbol I found off google (no information given on site about copyright):
Original.png

My Emblem:
StalkerHound2.png

Thank you!

**PS: I know I posted the same post earlier today, however the "Topic Title" was misleading in my previous post and I feel this contributed to almost no views and zero replies, hence I am posting again with a more appropriate title. Sorry! I just really want to give my clan an emblem and I haven't gotten any feedback and it's frustrating!!!

I was always told to keep clan emblems in black and white?  I like the symbol a lot, but remember that once it's shrunk down you'll lose some finer details (unless you're ok with that) :).

Here's mine.

-snip-

Mine's a Halo spin-off of the Legendary difficulty image, changed to fit into Warframe. Features the head and two swords on a shield (Stalker head on Silva and Aegis, which I think I ended up changing to the shield of the Silva and Aegis and the Skanas in place of the sword(s)) 

CJ07MMp.jpg

Cyx3xRL.png

I know my version isn't top quality but my friend's no professional, and I'm not a nit-picker, so I like and enjoy it :)

I can tell you flat out that that logo is copyrighted by Konami. It's imagery used in the Metal Gear franchise, which is Konami's intellectual property. Meaning if DE pushed it into the game's files, they could be held liable by Konami.

That said, support is working on a backlog of tickets. You should check the tickets themselves every now and again as the e-mail notification of your ticket(s) being updated may not get sent out properly or may be filtered as spam by your e-mail service.

DE was on break for the holidays a bit less than two weeks ago, and a number of tickets have piled up. They're working through them as quickly as possible.

P.S. if you want to submit an emblem, it needs to be 128x128 pixels tall/wide, and PNG format. I would advise against making a really large emblem (as you have) and scaling it down, as a lot of detail can get lost.