The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Connection Issues (New After Several Weeks Of Successful Connections)

DeadlyPeanutt

Question

I've been playing WF for several weeks with no problems connecting to hosts.  

Many times I PM a host in recruiting and I am invited into a game.  This has worked great for several weeks.  

Lately, when I PM a host in recruiting, i get a game request, approve it, and the game gives a 'host not found' error.  

This is a new error that is happening often and is very frustrating.  I have changed NO SETTINGS in my computer/network or in WF.

Are there any solutions to this, please?

6 answers to this question

Find a friend you can't connect to, get their IPv4 address, and see if you can ping them in the command prompt.

- If you can, it's a Warframe/settings issue.  Check firewall, mess around with the in-game networking settings, make sure your security software isn't being mean and blocking stuff while not telling you, etc.

- If you can't, then you have a networking/connectivity issue.

Find a friend you can't connect to, get their IPv4 address, and see if you can ping them in the command prompt.

- If you can, it's a Warframe/settings issue.  Check firewall, mess around with the in-game networking settings, make sure your security software isn't being mean and blocking stuff while not telling you, etc.

- If you can't, then you have a networking/connectivity issue.

any of these issues would have cropped up previously, i think.  

Again, I have changed NO settings, same security software, etc.  Any of these issues should have effected WF connections previously.   

I have connected successfully for several weeks prior to these errors starting.

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt

out of curiosity, i connected to several other multiplayer games i have installed: WarThunder, CS, GS:GO, TF2, PS2.  

All of these games connected flawlessly.  

The issue isn't with my network or settings, the game has somehow suddenly decided not to work. 

Again, i have changed NO software, settings, AV, etc... the game was connecting very well for several weeks, then started giving errors suddenly.  

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt

i seem to have solved this problem by researching past forum entries: 

after performing this fix, i'm able to connect without errors to matches and to be invited without errors.... i'll keep this thread informed if this changes.

This is a common issue with WF players, apparently. 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

apparently the player's computer's ARP cache fills up and becomes corrupted because of the multiple P2P connections of WF.  

(not that i knew an ARP cache existed before today :)

clearing the cache is necessary, instructions follow:

(i cleared the ARP cache as noted, then had to restart the computer)

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
warframe... connection issues fix?
1. Open command prompt as administrator
2. type in:   arp -a
this is for comparing later on.
3. type in:   netsh interface ip delete arpcache
4. type in:  arp -a
here you have to compare, if the arp really was being flushed.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Use the NetShell (netsh) command to clear, delete or refresh the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) cache by following the following steps.

Click on Start button.
Click on Run command and type Cmd into the Run text box, and then press Enter. For Windows Vista or later OS, type Cmd in Start Search, and then press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to force Administrator privileges. Enter Administrator user ID and password and allow any permission request when prompted.
In the Command Prompt window, type the following command then press Enter.
netsh interface ip delete arpcache
The command works in all Windows versions.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Edited by DeadlyPeanutt