The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help My Soma P Is Broken!

Ishaan.

Question

I have a 3 forma soma p that has build of all maxed mods Serration Split Chamber infected clip stormbringer point strike vital sense malignant force and shred. Now the problem is that even when the rifle crits the damage output I see on the HUD is about 300 only even with all those mods....Now if I am right it must do a lot more damage though I don't have heavy caliber. According to the warframe builder the slash and puncture damage numbers are not being multiplied correctly by the Serration and Split Chamber.. So plz I request your help my fellow Tenno I have put a lot of platinum in making of the weapon I need ur help urgently.

my soma p has had this performance since well ever.

its actually so meh i prefer a braton prime over it as it feel better and get better results despite being neuterd for abselutly no reason with only 375 ammo pool

I dont get why you use shred on Soma Prime.....its pretty much pointless.

Serration/heavy cal

Crit chance/crit dmg

Corrosive combo both 90% elemental mods

Ammo mutation

split chamber

This should do the trick, without heavy cal the gun preforms pretty badly

Edited by LynxZ4r0Z

What abut against corpus? Whats the damage output?

As mentioned earlier, sounds like a Grustrag bolt.  Your "corpus damage" request would help confirm this.

Especially since Benjemin states that a dragon key is not in any of his gear wheel locations... 

Edited by EvilKam

325/hit on a gun that fires 20 rounds / second is doing over 6000 damage per second. Its not a single shot, hold the trigger down, point at the head, and win.  Its not uber yet, but its not a total loss either, takes a pretty tough guy to have 6k effective hit points.  

ammo mutation shouldn't be needed until very high level enemy, assuming you hit your target when you shoot.  Shred increases dps via fire rate and punch thru is all kinds of handy more often than not on this class of weapon.

what level enemy is that??   If its on mercury, you got a problem.   If its hour 2 of a survival, its probably not that bad.

As mentioned earlier, sounds like a Grustrag bolt. Your "corpus damage" request would help confirm this.

Especially since Benjemin states that a dragon key is not in any of his gear wheel locations...

And i dont see the dragon key symbol in the hud so i think that's a safe bet.

what level enemy is that?? If its on mercury, you got a problem. If its hour 2 of a survival, its probably not that bad.

Its not survival, defense, rescue, capture, hijack or mobile defense as you can see a kill counter in the screenshot.

kexUqZc.jpg damage output of my poor gun

That means maximum level of those enemies could be up to lv100 (since sortie).

Now, assuming its not sortie, and that screenshot is from ceres tileset, so enemy levels are 31-47.

Now given that he also showed us screenshot of his mod loadout also, it does seem to be abit low.

Edited by 321agemo

As mentioned earlier, sounds like a Grustrag bolt. Your "corpus damage" request would help confirm this.

I inflicted by a grustag bolt only once in my life when they hunted me for the 1st time after that day they never even touched me. My corpus damage is a bit higher but not in 1 hit kill range

Blast is -25% vs armor.   So that isn't helping here.   Corrosive cold isn't bad for grinner, giving a little oomph vs alloy.   Or you could double down on corrosive (use the status/elements with the 90%s), or put in a puncture mod. 

Edited by jonnin

Blast is -25% vs armor.   So that isn't helping here.   Corrosive cold isn't bad for grinner, giving a little oomph vs alloy.   Or you could double down on corrosive (use the status/elements with the 90%s), or put in a puncture mod. 

My general damage not counting the procs is still the same

I don't have a extinguished key

I am using corrosive

And even if the warframe builder is wrong I can't believe that all my mods combined do so paltry damage even though the weapon crits so often

Do you happen to have crit mods on? Or a split chamber, Heavy Calibur, or Max rank Serration?