Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reduce HEK XP requirement

TheRealTuna

Rank 5 is way too unreasonable, especially since it's not THAT much more powerful than the Strun (obviously it is more powerful than it by a reasonable degree, but not 4 ranks worth). I would say reduce the XP requirement for HEK to Rank 3; that's already higher than all other weapons currently available.

Yes, they changed it so that the blueprint also requires Rank 5. I have nothing against an XP requirement for the weapon as it happens to be one of the best weapons availabe in the game right now, but Rank 5 is like...I have ~45 hours played and I JUST hit Rank 3. I'm working on my Rhino now, and using a Strun, and have had the fortune finding a catalyst from an alert mission. I certainly don't want to use it on my Strun as I know I will want to use it on a HEK...but that will make it so that I will be stuck with a Lv15 Strun for another what, 30 hours of gameplay until I am able to craft the HEK?

Just doesn't really make much sense to have the weapon require rank 5 given its stats and how long it takes to achieve rank 5.

Not sure why they made it Rank 5, when they don't have any unlocks at Rank 3 or 4 right now. The whole rank unlock idea is fine, but needs more content to flesh it out and currently Rank 5 means less people testing the Hek. I was lucky enough to build one before they put a requirement on the blueprint to buy.

The stats on it used to be a whole lot higher when it was introduced. I think listed base damage was somewhere around 300 or so. Perfectly fine because it was a rank 5 so it kind of signified being a higher level later game weapon. However they had an oversight with the blueprint not being rank restricted allowed players to acquire it extremely early so it's useage became wide spread. Couple this with the lack of weapon selection by rank tier after level 1 atm and so many people that appear to be trying to compare gun balance in a level based PvE co-op dungeon crawl third person shooter with gun balance in a static PvP fps like CoD, or static TPS like Gears of War there was a flood of them saying it's OP, Unbalanced, etc as they think all guns in the game should be toned down to the point of your Mk1 Braton being just as good as anything else you can buy. Because so many of these people complained non stop the devs apparently decided to nerf the stats immensely. It's the same scenario with the Gorgon.

I got insanely lucky, and bought the blueprint the day before that patch rolled out... It's such an amazing weapon. I really like to use shotguns, but the Strun really puts me off since it has a horrendous reload speed (I'm assuming the BOAR is the same, havent tried that one). The HEK has excellent damage, and a fast reload speed to boot

My #1 weapons