The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable To Purchase Platinums Via Visa Anymore (Error Has Occured Message)

MegpoidBeetle

Question

YES I KNOW I probably should submit a ticket but support seems to be loaded right now and I think I'd ask the forums Tenno for some assistance. Chances are some of you guys may have a encounter this issue before and know how to resolve it.

So to cut to the chase, I received this error:

Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later!

The thing is I've been having this problem since the beginning of the year, not sure is it coincidental or not. I did "try again later" but after a few times I eventually just give up. Like is there really an error going on or does it have something to do with my card?

8 answers to this question

Received this error too. Contacted the support already and they said this might linked with Digital Rivers and there is no help can be done from DE. Or are you from Malaysia? Because I am from Malaysia also, and maybe the problem is maybe with our own's banking system. Nonetheless RIP Buying Plat for now. 

I had the same issue a while ago, I had to bypass the issue by charging my Steam wallet with my card or using Paypal; support was unable to help me, the answer sadly was something like "We honestly have no idea, it's 99% on your side!", which is somehow understandable.

Then the card expired, I changed it and the new one worked, luckily.

Is Paypal working for you?

Edited by siralextraffo

Received this error too. Contacted the support already and they said this might linked with Digital Rivers and there is no help can be done from DE. Or are you from Malaysia? Because I am from Malaysia also, and maybe the problem is maybe with our own's banking system. Nonetheless RIP Buying Plat for now.

Oh salam :D so yea I am under Maybank. AFAIK they blocked Steam purchases but other than that idk. Guess I'll just wait till my next discount and see whether does the transaction works:

I had the same issue a while ago, I had to bypass the issue by charging my Steam wallet with my card or using Paypal; support was unable to help me, the answer sadly was something like "We honestly have no idea, it's 99% on your side!", which is somehow understandable.

Then the card expired, I changed it and the new one worked, luckily.

Is Paypal working for you?

Don't have Paypal :/ Anything with Visa?

Edit: Whoops ignore the Visa question. Ima dumbsh*t

Edited by YOUR_MOTHER_HAVE_BANDAIDS

Oh salam :D so yea I am under Maybank. AFAIK they blocked Steam purchases but other than that idk. Guess I'll just wait till my next discount and see whether does the transaction works:

Don't have Paypal :/ Anything with Visa?

Edit: Whoops ignore the Visa question. Ima dumbsh*t

Well, you should definitely consider a Paypal account: it costs nothing, it's safe and it's in many cases the only payment accepted!

Hello there, i have found the solution for this as my friend teach me on using the 'more payment option'. Pick which bank that you have an online account as for me i picked Cimb Clicks. And BOOM, platinum is purchased. Since you are from Malaysia, i suggest this method for you as i see this is the viable one for now.