Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I Supercharge Glaive?

Hayden11121

Question

I got a catalyst from the live stream and am wondering if it will be worth it to farm six more morphics and then supercharge my glaive as soon as it's built?

My current melee weapons are

Scindo

Gram

Reaper Prime *Hard to not want to supercharge this*

Dual Ether

My Main Melee weapon is a Paris.

My Main Secondary are Kunai.

I am a Loki who spams invisibility frequently and would like to deal damage, but at the same time I deal more with a gun then with a sword at invis range.

So, could you help?

I will close this thread as soon as I have enough opinions. I know there is another thread section for this but it isn't responded to as quickly. Sorry and many thanks to you of those who help me.

IMHO unless you have extra taters... nah.

Glaive is a heck of a lot of fun... but really not at all effective. In terms of real DPS it gets outclassed even by the Skana because it has such a huge time between charge attacks.

I got a catalyst from the live stream and am wondering if it will be worth it to farm six more morphics and then supercharge my glaive as soon as it's built?

My current melee weapons are

Scindo

Gram

Reaper Prime *Hard to not want to supercharge this*

Dual Ether

My Main Melee weapon is a Paris.

My Main Secondary are Kunai.

I am a Loki who spams invisibility frequently and would like to deal damage, but at the same time I deal more with a gun then with a sword at invis range.

So, could you help?

I will close this thread as soon as I have enough opinions. I know there is another thread section for this but it isn't responded to as quickly. Sorry and many thanks to you of those who help me.

Your Main Melee weapon is a Paris?

Do you garotte them with the bowstring? :)

Seriously though, as a Loki who likes to play heavy stealth, you need a Gram as melee, not glaive. Gram destroys all on a Loki.

Uh, no.  It's not really worth it to supercharge any melee unless it doesn't have any polarities.  The Glaive however has two great polarities, I believe it has the V (Attack slot, used for things like killing blow), and a - ("speed" slot, used for reflex coil and such).  So there's really no need to super charge the Glaive, I didn't and am able to put maxed killing blow, reflex coil, and armor piercing and fire.

ive  "potatoed" as its put my glaive an let me say it gets massivly nasty at lvl 30 have pressure point(r 5),sundering strike (r 1),fury (r 5),reflex coil (r 3 ), killing blow (r 3), shocking touch (r 1), north wind (r 1),and molting impact (r 1)  and i have 11 points to build up more . i can pretty much toss it again as soon as i re catch it too, as a fan of dark sector the glaive is among my fave melee gear so imo if your good with it do it if not hold off cuz if your not all that much of a fan of it ya might just wind up sellin it an it would be a waste at  that point

IMHO unless you have extra taters... nah.

Glaive is a heck of a lot of fun... but really not at all effective. In terms of real DPS it gets outclassed even by the Skana because it has such a huge time between charge attacks.

huge time between. Is that because it is bouncing around killing 4 non bosses/ancients/heavies in one hit? And it's not that long. 

Go Paris, Kunai, and Reaper prime (potatoed)

You don't need a throwing weapon when you have Paris and Kunai already

no.do not potato RP. Not worth It. I would run glaive, with those 2 just because it 1 hits all mobs that aren't bosses, heavies or ancients. As I said above.  

Uh, no.  It's not really worth it to supercharge any melee unless it doesn't have any polarities.  The Glaive however has two great polarities, I believe it has the V (Attack slot, used for things like killing blow), and a - ("speed" slot, used for reflex coil and such).  So there's really no need to super charge the Glaive, I didn't and am able to put maxed killing blow, reflex coil, and armor piercing and fire.

"-" also is the polarity of one of the elements if I remember. Supercharging allows better mods to be equipped, and rank them higher.

My glaive runs with

Fire

Electricity

Ice

Reflex coil

Pressure point

Killing blow

Fury

Melee channel

Eventually I will use all of those at max with polarizing it, but for now, it's still amazing.

huge time between. Is that because it is bouncing around killing 4 non bosses/ancients/heavies in one hit? And it's not that long.  no.do not potato RP. Not worth It. I would run glaive, with those 2 just because it 1 hits all mobs that aren't bosses, heavies or ancients. As I said above.  

okay i rarely just say flat out someone is wrong but this is one of those times where i have to bring up the facts that 1. a glave can only hit a max of 3 people

2. if you hit more then 1 person you are very lucky or you are just really good at aiming, 3 people is just insaine

Please dont lie to this person x.x they only get very few orkins dont make up things to make them think it is the best weapon in the game when it has its own flaws just like any other weapon 

Well lets put it this way maxed out it shreds almost anything in its path.

but this isent about max it out, this is about puttiing a cata something rare for this player like many players onto a weapon, this is one of the few they will get 

but this isent about max it out, this is about puttiing a cata something rare for this player like many players onto a weapon, this is one of the few they will get 

It's not the last one he/she will ever find and the Glaive is a fun weapon.

Max out the Glaive have fun with it (the point is to have fun right?) and eventually there will be more Alert missions.

fc7281eb-1c1f-4926-8c87-55081c497aa9.jpg

this is my glaive. there are many like it, but this one is mine.

enjoy crits (yellow crits, not even red ones) at 3k damage on headshots.

supercharged? yes, of course.

Can you possibly screenshot a crit with your glaive?

I know it's a hassle, you don't have too, but it's just that I don't come across catalysts much, this is my second, actually.

So I want to spend it right.

fc7281eb-1c1f-4926-8c87-55081c497aa9.jpg

this is my glaive. there are many like it, but this one is mine.

enjoy crits (yellow crits, not even red ones) at 3k damage on headshots.

supercharged? yes, of course.

let me tell you afew things about the glave, 

first the glaive cant crit (edit :they fixed this but it still has a very low crit chance with low base crit damage)

second the glaive has a really low melee attack range and melee damage

third charaged attacks ignore armor

okay i may be being abit mean but I just trying to say that glaive has alot of downsides, throwing it is fun and a perfectly fine reason to use it but want you to know that the glaive damage wise is... meh. A duel heat swords with same mods would give alot more damage 

Edited by vats3

I used many other weapons and always seem to go back to Glaive on all my frames. Nothing like ranged attacks on things that might otherwise rip me to bits when trying to reload. I can throw duck behind a wall let my shield recharge and the enemy has no clue what happened. Haven't tried the Kunai but that's next on my list of toys to get.