The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Rotation Works?

FallingHeaven

Question

Hi, everyone.

I am confused about how rotation in void missions work.

Now before I get lambasted for being lazy, I want to emphasize that I did spend time googling. However the results I got doesn't seem consistent.

I would assume it is either because the original posters didn't fully understand the concept either, or the mechanism had since been changed by DE.

Anyway. The basic concept is AABC.

Everyone agrees that when applied to survival, it means 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, and 20 min. And the cycle starts over.

Now the difference is some believe survival is the only type of mission rotation is relevant. It has no meaning to other mission types.

Others say that defense mission uses rotation too. Instead of mins, however, it works like 5 waves(A), 10 waves (A), 15 waves(B), and 20 waves©, and another cycle starts.

I tend to believe this too because I have noticed that people tend to leave after wave 20. But it could be because it gets boring or players get tired.

There are also posts that claim rotation even applies to a third type mission. (Can't remember what type tho)

Please help me out here because I really want to get prime frames before they are all vaulted. I don't have a single one yet.

I realize I have been asking quite a few very trivial/noob questions. That is because I realize I can't progress in game at my own pace. Good stuff are disappearing.

Thank you very much for reading this rather long post and for your reply.

Edited by FallingHeaven

12 answers to this question

So basically, youre right about the rotation system. Each 5 min interval (or wave) is A, then 10 is A, 15 B, 20 C. But for Interception it works like every round, AABC. So first round A, 2nd is also A, then 3rd would be B, 4th C.

Most prime pieces drop at rotation C, but there are a few that drop at A or B, such as Ash Chasis or Rhino Chasis (on Tower 4 survival at least) 

the next prime frame to be vaulted is Rhino Prime, so farm up your:

T3/T4 Exterminates (bp)

T1/T2 Mobile Defense (helmet)

T3 Survival (rot.C) or T4 Survival (Rot. B) (Chasis)

T1 Defense (rot. C), T2 Exterminate, or T3 Sabotage (Systems)

Hes also being vaulted along with Ankyros Prime and Boltor Prime

Now the difference is some believe survival is the only type of mission rotation is relevant. It has no meaning to other mission types.

AABC applies to all Endless Missions. on Mission Reward 1, 2, 3, 4 and then repeat.

this is definitely a simple concept, i would be confused how someone could be confused as long as they're aware that it works this way.

The AABC applies to excavation, survival, defense and interception, just think of it this way, first 2 rewards are A rotation, third reward is B rotation and fourth reward is C rotation, after that, just rinse and repeat. : )

Excavation too? Is it essentially excavator 1(A), 2(A), 3 (B), and 4©?

In order to combat drop table dilution, prime parts are regularly "put in the vault", that is, removed from the drop tables.  

DE has seemingly decided that this now means "temporarily".  It appears that a number of drop table results will get swapped around from time to time to keep things moving along, and still give the dedicated players a chance at scoring the prime gear they missed "from back in the day".

So basically, youre right about the rotation system. Each 5 min interval (or wave) is A, then 10 is A, 15 B, 20 C. But for Interception it works like every round, AABC. So first round A, 2nd is also A, then 3rd would be B, 4th C.

Most prime pieces drop at rotation C, but there are a few that drop at A or B, such as Ash Chasis or Rhino Chasis (on Tower 4 survival at least)

the next prime frame to be vaulted is Rhino Prime, so farm up your:

T3/T4 Exterminates (bp)

T1/T2 Mobile Defense (helmet)

T3 Survival (rot.C) or T4 Survival (Rot. B) (Chasis)

T1 Defense (rot. C), T2 Exterminate, or T3 Sabotage (Systems)

Hes also being vaulted along with Ankyros Prime and Boltor Prime

Do u know when it will be vaulted? Ran two 40 min t3 survival and one 40 min t4 survival, just get one rhino prime chassis. So time consuming. Just wonder how much time I have left to gather other parts?

These apply to every endless mission, including derelict missions.  Also from memory there is one that has a different rotation sequence.

Also would like to know a source for confirmation that rhino is getting removed, I know that he is next in sequence for the order that they came out, but wouldn't put it past DE to remove loki or volt or someone else.