The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wf Skins And A Question From An Old Topic

TangyKolchev

Question

Hey DE and Others,

I had perused the shop and noticed the reskins for a few of the frames and was wondering when we would start seeing more of them. I enjoy most of the frames looks but.... HOLY S#!^ that new Rhino skin is just too damn good looking. Honestly... bravo to the folks behind that one. A brick was literally s#!^ upon its viewing. So good… anyways,

I can’t wait for a Frost reskin (Please let it be bad a$$) but, this also leads into my old topic question.

What ever happened to cosmetic helm stat impact? 

I remember many many many moons ago when your game was but a wee lad and I had purchased that Frost Aura Helm. You know, the loop with the fins one. The whole idea I thought was great. I get a helm that lowers my HP and buffs my Armor and since I want to play in your face, or what have you, it worked out and made the frame feel more like it was mine. Plus it made sense to then give you money for them because they had impact. Not a ton of impact but, just enough. Then a bit later they were banned. It seemed as though they were frowned upon, kicked to the curb, and detested. Understandable I guess as you had to cough up real world dough.

Now, of course I feel awesome since I still have this aptly named "Arcane" helm but, could we ever see a resurgence of these stat affecting helms?

I mean, since we now have alerts with cosmetic helm blue prints that happen fairly often wouldn't it be fine if they had the limited impact they had prior now that they are not strictly purchase only items?

14 answers to this question

Reskins are a work in progress and we will be seeing more of them.  The Design Council votes on the release order for frames to be reskinned though, so it may be awhile before we get all 'frames. XD

As to Arcane Helms; those specific items wont make a come back but; we have a new line of Arcanes known as "Arcane Enhancements" and you can either put them on a helm of your choice, or a Syandana.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Arcane_Enhancement

Devs didn't like the stats being forced as attached to cosmetics, but it wasn't worth development time to make it's own system for swapping the little bonuses around between helmets at the time. The conversation later got rolled into becoming the rewards for the trials (8 player raids) called Arcane Enhancements, which are attached to helmets or syandanas.

These don't stack though. IIRC you can't put Arcane Enhancements onto the actual old arcane helms.

Wiki page:

Edited by VKhaun

Reskins are a work in progress and we will be seeing more of them.  The Design Council votes on the release order for frames to be reskinned though, so it may be awhile before we get all 'frames. XD

As to Arcane Helms; those specific items wont make a come back but; we have a new line of Arcanes known as "Arcane Enhancements" and you can either put them on a helm of your choice, or a Syandana.

Oh nice!

I'll just keep my fingers crossed that Frost is higher on the list for a reskin

As for the enhancments I assume my "arcane" helm would be excluded from gaining the bonus as it alreay kinda has one right? Or are we to far out from those that I should be asking that later?

Oh nice!

As for the enhancments I assume my "arcane" helm would be excluded from gaining the bonus as it alreay kinda has one right? Or are we to far out from those that I should be asking that later?

Yep, you cannot put an Arcane Enhancement on an Arcane Helm.

You can run the Helm with the Enhancement though.  

Devs didn't like the stats being forced as attached to cosmetics, but it wasn't worth development time to make it's own system for swapping the little bonuses around between helmets at the time. The conversation later got rolled into becoming the rewards for the trials (8 player raids) called Arcane Enhancements, which are attached to helmets or syandanas.

These don't stack though. IIRC you can't put Arcane Enhancements onto the actual old arcane helms.

Wiki page:

Well that answers my question I just posted :)

Would I be able to slap it onto my Syan while still rollin with my helm?

Well that answers my question I just posted :)

Would I be able to slap it onto my Syan while still rollin with my helm?

You can put Arcane Enhancements on regular (non-arcane) helmets and syandanas. If you want to use an arcane helmet for your Saryn, you can still use one Arcane Enhancement on your syandana.

If you mean you want to use your Frost arcane helm on your Saryn then no, that would be strange and creepy. :/

Oh nice!

Frost should be high on the list as Excalibur, Valkyr, Rhino, Loki and Saryn already had one recently