The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help. Some Endgame Advice.

SatelliteStrike

Question

So, the frame I've been using is volt prime. Just that in endgame missions, I find myself dying too much. I opted for a speed build, and I pretty much gotten all my frame mods properly. Just that Guns still kill me fast, and compared to other players I feel that I don't kill stuff fast enough. I strugle too much. A bombarder I keep slashing him with my galatine but do little damage. I want to cut through enemies like butter. So I was wondering, are there any frames out there more forgiving for newbies? Frames good for all sorts of missions and don't die that often. Just staying back and team has to keep reviving me is embarasing. So any frame good for endgame and also noob friendly?

17 answers to this question

Dont worry about having to be revived, we were all there at one point. Vilt is a good frame but his damage output isnt great, I would build more around his shield and encase yourself in it and get the buff for shooting through it to help with damage.

If you really want a new frame who wont drop as often shoot for Frost, Chroma, Rhino. All can be very tanky and with the rhino rework his iron skin is god like. Valkyr is perma life if modded right for hysteria but will be solely focused on melee.

My best advice is stay just under endgame stuff, there is no added incentive for staying 90 min rather than 40 except for a few rngesus drops that you could get by just rolling another key. Build up your arsenal and try all different builds. Alot of the stuff on warframe builder will focus on high tier content but will also focus on one primary skill per frame. I really like to beavle to use 3 abilities effectivly but you need to see what worjs for you.

Get your mastery up and get soma, you can not go wrong in all modes with soma. After that try others snd see what you like.

I currently main Ignis with Viral/Radiation Proc and can go 60+ min with pretty much no issues.

So I was wondering, are there any frames out there more forgiving for newbies? Frames good for all sorts of missions and don't die that often. Just staying back and team has to keep reviving me is embarasing. So any frame good for endgame and also noob friendly?

Rhino.  Build around roar and stomp, use Iron Skin under fire (maybe think about getting Iron Shrapnel so you can cancel and reapply it).  

Loki any good?

Also isn't rhino iron skin squishy endgame?

Loki is fine if you got with the stealth build and stay stealthy most of the time, he's the most fragile frame tho'.

Rhino's Iron skin is not so squishy after his rework. I'd say get Rhino/Chroma if you don't want to be revived often.

1.  Loki any good?

2.  Also isn't rhino iron skin squishy endgame?

1.  Master Race

^

2.  It got the snowglobe treatment with its rework.  So now, if you see a bunch of bombards/gunners whatever, toss iron skin on and for the first 3 seconds it will be invulnerable and soak all damage, while adding the soaked damage to the total strength of iron skin.  It's why I recommended the augment, it makes setting up a strong iron skin a bit easier since you can decast at will.

Is there a general consensus on how to run endgame missions? Do people who play endgame start focusing on builds depending on the faction they're going against or is it finding ways to get the most damage out of any given frame, weapon, etc?

Squad synergy is my favorite, find franes that compliment each other and you can go very far, bring what younlike for weapons and make sure your elemental game is good

Example:

Played a T4 with Nyx, Nova, Banshee (insert any frame here for 4th)

Nova primes em, banshee pulls iut the crits and nyx makes them beat each other senseless all doing massive damage with you doing next to nothing.

Edited by (PS4)TriangleOffense

It's kind of a running joke, but yeah, he's incredibly good for just about everything.  

Chroma's amazing - definitely worth grinding out some mastery for.  That Grineer survival with Eximus Stronghold condition in the sortie yesterday I ran my unforma'd Chroma with a Simulor and just face tanked everything while doing half the damage, reviving pretty much everyone (except for the ones who decided to run away from me, probably because they were tired of me killing everything) drinking a nice cup of tea, all while having enough time to glance at the forums a few times.  He's more a survival frame though - his cc is limited, and his synergy with a team is mostly he just makes everything dead, and can revive someone who went down in a really terrible spot without worrying.

For chroma I need 1 more rank to farm him. And by master race you guys mean it's the best? For chroma I need 1 more rank to farm him. And by master race you guys mean it's the best?

Don't worry about "best." Concern yourself with having fun. Is Loki good; undeniably. Is Loki the best frame? For some yes, others no.

Back to the having fun. MR limits your options on so-called "endgame" gear. To get your MR up to 12 (the highest MR wall I can recall) you will be using a lot of weapons and frames as fodder if all you are doing is trying to grind your way to endgame. Slow down, take your time and enjoy the ride. You will risk burning out in this game rushing to the end.

As for your concerns of being a burden to a team; don't sweat it. Everyone started from scratch and had to make it just like you will. You don't sound like you are lost in the sauce so I am going to assume you are either getting advice from vets or the Web (wiki,youtube, etc). Make small goals, achieve them and soon enough you will find yourself in Recruiting saying "H NM raid LF..."

Main power comes from Mods and Ranking them up high if not max, most important ones being Base damage increase on Weapons (Serration, Point Blank, Hornet Strike) along with elemental mods, and for frames Vitality or Redirection is good to have ranked 6-10 ranks in to have survivability on frames you don't want to slot potato in instantly  but rank for mastery. Then you'll want power increasing mods for your potatoed frames to get most out of them. 

As example MK-1 Braton stat change with 4 90% elemental mods and "Ranking" Serration to max. Since elementals are affected by base damage and serration increases base damage, Elemental mods effectively double dip in getting serration and like to high rank, preferrably max.

zSx3iYd.jpg

EDIT: Image is change from swapping rank 2 serration in place of maxed one, thus change seeming negative.

Edited by Patemaani