Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excliburs Slash Dash May Need Some Looking Into. Bug Or Not?

(PSN)L-B-H-100

there are often times when i wonder why Excalibur slash dash often targets one or two enemies, when the intended targeting should take out at least three or more. its odd, because usually, when i use the slash dash on a group of up to five enemies, i only hit one target, then the ability stops for some reason. however when i start the slash dash in the middle of the group, the ability effects up to three enemies, yet sometimes still targets two. other times, the slash dash often targets all three enemies, as if it is by chance.

i don't think its mods either, so far after testing, the only two mods that effect the slash dash are obviously the strength and range mods. so i dont think you can control the number of enemies effected quite yet.

ive forgotten that i set up a controlled variable during my observations. you can set the number of enemies with constitution mods, but i decided to use Excalibur's default duration, which targeted at least 3 enemies. it was late and i was very tired, so i apologies if some of the text seems to be rushed in any way.

i believe the problem mostly has to do with range and the area of effect.

Here's my first theory.

VCVxbxs.jpg

hear, we see Excalibur up against up to five enemies. his goal, or the players goal, is to take out at least three. however, when the player activates the ability, his character moves but the radius effect does not follow.

2nd example

2IPdgTq.jpg

again we see the player going for three enemies, the player succeeds, but oddly, since the radius does not move with the player, all targets closer the center of the radius are effected only.

second theory.

JJYDmqi.jpg

this could be the result of Excalibur stopping on the second enemy or enemies that happened to be close to each other and took the same hit. i believe the game is programmed to stop the ability if exactly three or more enemies are damaged by the slash dash.

i do have a third theory that can be explained in text, and does link with my second theory, so please refer to that one before reading this.

i also believe that while Excalibur is in his "slash dash animation" and currently targeting three or more enemies, if those enemies are damaged by anything, it will count as damage from the ability. the damage can come from anywhere, including allies and status damage. I had noticed this when i was surrounded by enemies, and activated the ability. the ability stopped as soon as my team damaged the enemy before i could target them. it would make sense if the enemy where dead before i could target them, but the ability should not stop if there are still targets around me.

air travel problems.

when using slash dash for travel while in the air, the animation is as the same as on the ground, and does not look aerodynamic. also, it seems that right after the slash dash is done, your momentum stops and you start falling straight down as soon as the animation is finished.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

and that's about it! if you are confused as to why Excalibur's slash dash is sometimes not effective, or not targeting as many enemies, i hope that this brings some sense to your confusion.

even if my theories are wrong, the slash dash still could need some looking into. as mentioned before, it does have a few bugs.

Edited by (PS4)L-B-H-100

This has been a thing ever since Excals been reworked. I do think DE needs to take another look at it. I've had instances where I won't hit the enemy next to the one I just slashed, but on the next one I'll hit an enemy on the other side of the room from the previous enemy I slashed. It's rediculous to be frank.

i tested out both of your hypothesis and luckily i was attack by arbiters and the so as they were all packed together i used slash dash in which i slashed 3 enemies in the same radios affecting 5  enemies so slash dash doesnt work with radios making me believe that it may be affected by continuity or stretch I'll go test it out and then reply 

As it seems to be working to me:

Slash Dash targets enemies in a quadrangle, that begins slightly behind you and then widens a bit as it goes to the maximum range of the ability. Also, it is restricted by the LoS obstructions, specifically by ones caused by enemies themselves. Lag also affects Slash Dash targeting heavily.

Targets are chosen as you press the skill button. Your movement after this doesn't affect targeting.

It means, if we take the very first picture in the OP as example and assuming all five enemies are inside maximum range of Slash Dash:

1) Slash Dashing while looking on the closest target will most likely cause you to either hit only this target. You might also hit the next target on the right side, depending on the distance between them.

2) Slash Dashing right in the centre of the group will guarantee you to home onto first two targets, while giving you good chances to hit all five of them;

Assuming only the closest enemy is inside Slash Dash range - you'll hit only that enemy.

slash dash is affected by continuity as i took stretch and only targeted 3 enemies but took constitution and continuity and targeted 6 enemies. 

ok. so i forgot to mention that it is indead effected by duration mods. sorry about that. i remember now that i wanted a control veriable to the expirement, so i decided to use exaliburs basic defult duration, which consists of up to three targets as mentioned in the thread.

however, it still doesnt explain why players often cant target the maximum number of enemies. which means my theory still stands. i still believe that the ranged radius, or as mentioned...

As it seems to be working to me:
Slash Dash targets enemies in a quadrangle, that begins slightly behind you and then widens a bit as it goes to the maximum range of the ability. Also, it is restricted by the LoS obstructions, specifically by ones caused by enemies themselves. Lag also affects Slash Dash targeting heavily.
Targets are chosen as you press the skill button. Your movement after this doesn't affect targeting.

quadrangle, does not follow the player when when the ability is activated.