Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bolde - The Tenno Halberd (Now In Orokin, Corpus, Grineer, And Infested Flavors!)

Maugre

Additional Halberd Flavors:

Apologies for my handwriting, if anything's unclear, feel free to ask.

Bolde

4cab3b270f.jpg

Bolde Prime

"Previously used exclusively by the most prestigious of Orokin guardsmen, this variant of the Bolde has fallen to Tenno hands to again bring out it's potential."

36cc2699d0.jpg

Cessita

"The Cessita is one of the more violent-looking of Corpus weaponry, wielded by the few splintered Corpus mercenary groups that prefer finding profit in... less conventional ways."

Cessita refers to Cessitas, or "To Split" in Latin.

e7cfecca32.jpg

Hravek

"A terrifying amalgamation of various Grineer weapons, the superheated spikes of this halberd are often used to 'encourage' behavior and discipline."

"Hravek" is a distortion of the word "Havoc".

d1b430af30.jpg

Also, holy jeez. This one turned out a lot more violent-looking than I expected.

Pherid Bo

"This Infestation-taken Bo takes the form of a bone halberd, preferring to grab it's victims legs rather than using a hook, and releases spores from volatile sacks when agitated."

Ground slam attacks release a small cloud of toxin/gas at the point of impact.

Name is a combination of "Fetid" and "Phorid", and "Bo", the original Tenno staff weapon.

a3e5df67a8.jpg

All they need is a little color to really capture the "essence" of the factions, imo.

Also @more corpus themed melee weapons, because the only one I can think of atm is prova.

Edit: Err, no clue why the text went white but...you can just go back to the original post or highlight the text to read.

Edited by MetallicD3ath

All they need is a little color to really capture the "essence" of the factions, imo.

Also @more corpus themed melee weapons, because the only one I can think of atm is prova.

Perhaps I'll add color at some point, but sketches are what I do best.

just saying halberds are polearms, why not just add a stab and a chop to shimmering blight?

Halberds are polearms, yes. So are spears, and staves. Claws and gauntlets are both fist weapons. Shortswords, greatswords, nikana, rapiers, and even the machete are all swords.

They're used uniquely to other weapons in their general category, and that is why.

c:

Halberds are polearms, yes. So are spears, and staves. Claws and gauntlets are both fist weapons. Shortswords, greatswords, nikana, rapiers, and even the machete are all swords.

They're used uniquely to other weapons in their general category, and that is why.

c:

maybe just adding a new stance (like what you described) to the pole arm category would be good? I think it's awesome and it would even go well with the sydon, but making halberds an exclusive weapon class wouldnt make sense to me

I want them sexy weapons for my volt, hack slash and stab to death:P

Imagine the terror in the eyes of the enemy as a volt charges at them with a hyper-speed fricken poleaxe.

maybe just adding a new stance (like what you described) to the pole arm category would be good? I think it's awesome and it would even go well with the sydon, but making halberds an exclusive weapon class wouldnt make sense to me

In that case, it wouldn't make much sense for the existing staves, like the Bo. Using an axe or pike that doesn't exist would be a bit difficult.

Seeing your Orokin one got me inspired.  I hope you don't mind my crappy drawing/painting (especially painting) skills, and the fact that my drawing program hates straight lines.  Also I hope you don't mind my taking artistic liberties.

"Once used exclusively by the Orokin High Guard, this weapon's legacy now falls to the Tenno."
Vp8CssV.png
(color scheme is based on the Scindo Prime)

Seeing your Orokin one got me inspired.  I hope you don't mind my crappy drawing/painting (especially painting) skills, and the fact that my drawing program hates straight lines.  Also I hope you don't mind my taking artistic liberties.

"Once used exclusively by the Orokin High Guard, this weapon's legacy now falls to the Tenno."

Vp8CssV.png

(color scheme is based on the Scindo Prime)

That looks awesome! :D

Do you mind if I put it with the other images in the main post? I wasn't particularly happy with how my Orokin design turned out, and this looks much better.