Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free frame rotation?

bamce

I know several other f2p games have a rotating roster that allows players to choose characters they don't normally have access to.

If we offered 1(or2) frames avaible for free(without garage slots) each week would give people a chance to try each one without having to invest alot of time into it or money on a "what seemed like a good idea at the time" purchase.

Could easily cap the xp they can gain to say lvl 10 (second ablity) and any progress you make on them would get wiped when they are no longer free.

Your right, cause league of legends doesn't make money. Clearly all its ideas are terrible.

edit:

to satisfy my own morbid curiosity I just took a look to see how many skins I own. Too which the answer is 20. Which at the average purchase price of 975 rp is 19500. Which is 14 times of buying the 10$ rp packet. This is ignoring any champions or extra rune pages and boosts I bought. So about 150-200 dollars I have spent on it.

Edited by bamce

there arent many frames to choose from atm, so its unlikely that they'll make a free frame rotation until they hit like 20 or 30 different frames

why? because with these frames, everybody could be like "omg rhino is so cool, ima wait until its available again hurr durr" instead of "omg rhino is so cool, ima actually go and try to earn it myself"

IDK how well this would actually work tbh. Frames atm are very limited in choices and currently the only real difference between frames is their 4 action abilities given the upgrade tree's are all the same.

Mechwarrior Online has a selection of trial mechs which are set stock configs 1 for each of their 4 mech weight class tiers which you can earn exp on for the variant but cannot spend it on the specializations for that chassis unless you actually buy it.

You should consider the situation in terms of shooters/action mmos not MOBA. There aren't many warframes in the game so, as far I'm concerned, rotation would do more harm than good (the lesser income the shorter longevity of the game).

Edited by iffyJinx

at current 8 frames. So if 1 per week, (assuming a non random rotation) that could be 7 weeks before you get to play it.

Also they could add in an option so that while you have it on free week you have the option to buy it for plat and keep all the progress you've made. Where as (per my suggestion) a lvl cap limit and wiping experience after the free period. Means that even when it comes back around you have to start from scratch.

Could be a good way to coax the 10$ from my pocket.

Perhaps instead of a week, only do the weekends, say thursday midnight to sunday midnight in whichever timezone the dev's choose.