Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Getting A Constant Insane Ping/packet Loss Whenever I Play Online Games

Zdeadfallout

Really I need help, It has been 3 days and I'm on this case

It happens to me to every game, and I can't play warframe with other players

the strange thing that my connection is OK and whenever I play multiplayer game 

I always get internet corruption

I tried scanning my device multiple time, and I tried disabling windows firewall and restarting my router and nothing works

PLZ Help

that's it  

Here is a pic of what happens

P.S: It happens with every game 

useyrGi.jpg

Have you run a speed test on your connection, and checked it with your isp on their end? Have you run any anti-virus scans recently (I like Malwarebytes myself)?

Could it be your virus scanner programs or possible adware/fake-virus scanners installed that would be slowing that down?

Mcaffee comes to mind but that's more cpu cancer instead of network throttling.  

I haven't encountered this so kinda shooting in the dark.  Good luck!

Edited by KnotOfMetal

Hi,

Are you using a wired connection or wireless ? (If wireless, try wired and see if the problem is still present)

I recommend you use a free network traffic monitor (Netlimiter is limited in its free version but you can use it to figure out what is going on) and look out for programs/services using bandwidth when they should not.

Have you checked your router's firewall ? (many of them have an integrated firewall).

I don't know about that, what should I do about the router firewall ?

Hi,

Are you using a wired connection or wireless ? (If wireless, try wired and see if the problem is still present)

I recommend you use a free network traffic monitor (Netlimiter is limited in its free version but you can use it to figure out what is going on) and look out for programs/services using bandwidth when they should not.

Have you checked your router's firewall ? (many of them have an integrated firewall).

For example on my router I have an option that allows me to disable any packet filtering :

0267abea88.png

And with Netlimiter (again, there might be alternatives you can find on google) I can check if something using my bandwidth : 

f7b2c678e0.png

And if you have a protection solution (like Norton 360/Bitdefender IS/ESET Smart Security) try disabling the integrated firewall : 

3cb8472ef8.png

EDIT : Also like I said, if you're using WiFi, try using an Ethernet cable directly linking your computer to your router (meaning without using things like PLCs or relays).

Edited by Deodus

For example on my router I have an option that allows me to disable any packet filtering :

0267abea88.png

And with Netlimiter (again, there might be alternatives you can find on google) I can check if something using my bandwidth : 

f7b2c678e0.png

And if you have a protection solution (like Norton 360/Bitdefender IS/ESET Smart Security) try disabling the integrated firewall : 

3cb8472ef8.png

EDIT : Also like I said, if you're using WiFi, try using an Ethernet cable directly linking your computer to your router (meaning without using things like PLCs or relays).

Ok, I'll try

0267abea88.png

I would not recommend on lowering your routers security. DoS has nothing to do with this issue expect if the OP is getting DoS'ed by someone while the DoS protection is disabled.

My settings for DoS.

GOE7F8z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GOE7F8z.jpg

And everything works like a charm.

This setting does not reduce the ping (latency) neither the bandwidth that QoS packet management handles. It protects you from bombardment - an attack that someone can do. So you definitely want to keep the setting enabled. Thought for an individual person it's relatively rare you get DoS'ed. But there are trolls who might do it quite easily if they find out your IP and if they want to troll you. Here is some short info from Wiki regarding DoS (Denial Of Service).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

Edited by carnaga

Really I need help, It has been 3 days and I'm on this case

- snip-

I would recommend that you would contact your internet service provider. I think they can resolve the issue more efficiently cause they can check your router remotely and narrow down the problem and tell you if they are having issues in the vicinity.

If it's your computer, the max you can do is to restore it to the point before you started to experience the issues (3 days ago). But I strongly believe it's with either in your router or with your ISP. You pay for the internet so give them a call.

Edited by carnaga

I would not recommend on lowering your routers security. DoS has nothing to do with this issue expect if the OP is getting DoS'ed by someone while the DoS protection is disabled.

My settings for DoS.

GOE7F8z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GOE7F8z.jpg

And everything works like a charm.

This setting does not reduce the ping (latency) neither the bandwidth that QoS packet management handles. It protects you from bombardment - an attack that someone can do. So you definitely want to keep the setting enabled. Thought for an individual person it's relatively rare you get DoS'ed. But there are trolls who might do it quite easily if they find out your IP and if they want to troll you. Here is some short info from Wiki regarding DoS (Denial Of Service).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

Yes, while just like you said there are little to no chances of being attacked, these are just solutions to explore, I had a similar problem on Arma 3 and for some reason my router thought it was a DoS attack and blocked every incoming packet passed a certain threshold.

I would recommend that you would contact your internet service provider. I think they can resolve the issue more efficiently cause they can check your router remotely and narrow down the problem and tell you if they are having issues in the vicinity.

If it's your computer, the max you can do is to restore it to the point before you started to experience the issues (3 days ago). But I strongly believe it's with either in your router or with your ISP. You pay for the internet so give them a call.

If it is simply a software using all the bandwidth or a firewall issue restoring to a previous state is overkill.

Yes, while just like you said there are little to no chances of being attacked, these are just solutions to explore, I had a similar problem on Arma 3 and for some reason my router thought it was a DoS attack and blocked every incoming packet passed a certain threshold.

If it is simply a software using all the bandwidth or a firewall issue restoring to a previous state is overkill.

This is quite interesting. With my old router the connection became sluggish after one week of use - specially if you played (connection wise) intense online games. But a reboot restored the connection and the router to normal state. Later my ISP gave me bit better router and now I rarely need to reboot - no more cpu over usage nor memory leaks nor packet losses and no sluggishness.

4EVPVnG.jpg

Once I had similar issue that OP had. A lot of packet losses and high ping and waiting times even with browsing normal web pages. From my ISP I got info that they accidentally have sat wrong settings to new switch they installed on their side but it was fixed under 12 hours. But I never had an issues with this newer router and with the security filters. Maybe it is because I have sat some "counter rules" that passes the packets and data for my gaming rig, especially with those games where you are the host.