The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Solved] How To Corpus-Cipher With Controller

Guest NinjaFresh007

Question

Guest NinjaFresh007

So for the Grineer Ciphers it is just press Jump to push in the lock.  Easily done most times if paying attention to it.

But the Corpus Ciphers are odd.  I'm unsure how to mimic the left-click and right-click rotate.  It doesn't seem to have any information there on what is done and it is annoying unless I carry the bypass-cipher items with me.

Is that what controller players are expected to do on the PC platform?  >_>

Would like a response to this, maybe if I know how it is done on the XB1 and PS4 then I might figure out what it is for PC.

Sidenote: The entire Codex & Market UI in the ship isn't able to be navigated with a controller.  No way to switch tabs that I could find.

Edited by NinjaFresh007

7 answers to this question

Guest NinjaFresh007

Ok I figured it out.

You use the Left Stick (WASD equivalent) to move the 'highlight' over the hexagon to manipulate.  You have to hold the Stick sometimes depending on the cipher involved.

Jump turns the hexagon clockwise.

Melee/Quick Melee turns the hexagon counter-clockwise.

Takes some getting used to but I managed to get into some lone rooms without enemies and practice the ciphers a few times.

I don't know if it is JUST me but I sometimes have to press the Jump button pretty hard in order for it to accept my input on the Grineer ciphers.  There seems to be an odd (forced?) input delay on the controller side.  I'll need to do some more testing.  When jumping around in-game I never have had issues with input response in missions or otherwise.  This Grineer cipher input delay occurs even in 'Solo' mode.

Edited by NinjaFresh007

So for the Grineer Ciphers it is just press Jump to push in the lock.  Easily done most times if paying attention to it.

But the Corpus Ciphers are odd.  I'm unsure how to mimic the left-click and right-click rotate.  It doesn't seem to have any information there on what is done and it is annoying unless I carry the bypass-cipher items with me.

Is that what controller players are expected to do on the PC platform?  >_>

Would like a response to this, maybe if I know how it is done on the XB1 and PS4 then I might figure out what it is for PC.

Sidenote: The entire Codex & Market UI in the ship isn't able to be navigated with a controller.  No way to switch tabs that I could find.

to mimic left and right mouse click press a and b, and to go to the outer layer of the cipher hold the left stick out and move it in the direction of the next piece you want to access. Simple release left stick to finsih off spinning the center piece. :)

to mimic left and right mouse click press a and b, and to go to the outer layer of the cipher hold the left stick out and move it in the direction of the next piece you want to access. Simple release left stick to finsih off spinning the center piece. :)

It's a and x for me.  Pressing b (quick melee) makes me disengage from the hacking console.

Guest NinjaFresh007

May I ask what Gamepad you use? Depending on your Controller I could check it up later

Using a Logitech F310 so it mimics a 360 controller layout.  I am playing on a PC.

I'll experiment a bit in easy Corpus missions to see if I can figure it out, then I'll post my results.

It seems a combination of Jump and Quick Melee buttons are used, but I'll mess around first.