The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Vauban Good For Solo Play?

(PSN)Arion-Lightning

Question

6 answers to this question

He has absolutely amazing CC but the Frame's natural defenses are pretty lacking overall, so when things do get out of hand, which CC can't cover, not really that great for high level solo. He does have a great gun game style though since all of his skills do not interrupt reloads and firing.

Any frame can be good for most situations if built right, it's all about the player, since everyone's play styles are different. I've done spy missions with Rhino, he's not meant for them but it's possible.

As for Vauban in general, he's amazing for CC, and in a team I love him. Solo, eeehhhh Id rather have volt or Loki honestly. Up until around Sedna, Vauban kinda falls off. Tesla isn't great for damage, unless it's corpus. Bastille is cool for watching enemies float in the air helpless while you headshot them, and vortex is great cc for large mobs. But other then that, he's just not that good. Defense missions solo, however. He's real good. Bastille the enemies (with augment, and some duration) and a penta,Simulor, any large group weapon really, and you'll be coastin for as long as you got ammo and bastille

Edited by (PS4)AirJordan73

I can't bring myself to call him "BAD" at solo, but he's definitely not better than Volt IMO.

The problem is his 1 and 2 aren't really useful at all past a certain level and none of his skills travel with you. You end up trying to throw his 75 power #3 and 100 power #4 out at every turn to keep the CC going because you have nothing else. If it's a tough mission with tons of stuff spawning it becomes very difficult to sustain that.

Bobben (ehm, vauban's nick) is a superb but specialized cc/support frame. It can work wonders in all infested missions or together with disarm loki in all defensive type missions. On last sortie #3 infested I carried whole of my team with bobben. He can be used in all interception /mobile defense even in survival missions (and raids) where he can effectively immobilize large areas and block approach routes /pacify mobs etc. There he's extremely effective. 

Bobben (ehm, vauban's nick) is a superb but specialized cc/support frame. It can work wonders in all infested missions or together with disarm loki in all defensive type missions. On last sortie #3 infested I carried whole of my team with bobben. He can be used in all interception /mobile defense even in survival missions (and raids) where he can effectively immobilize large areas and block approach routes /pacify mobs etc. There he's extremely effective. 

This ^

Vauban, in my opinion, was made for infested. His Bastille, with the augment, makes you almost invincible to infected. Solo or team play. Just add Loki and then he is universal :)

If you're into Cephalon Simaris targets, Vauban is great. Bastille is better than the simaris traps. It will hold the target and anyone else in the room.