Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning Potato If Selling Weapon Or Warframe?

Copperll

Part of me wants to say yes, but the rest of me says no.

It would make sense that it could be removable, but unless I am mistaken, it is not a completely understood technology, and that means that it could easily be broken upon attempted removal from weapon/frame.

From a business point of view, not a good idea. That is one of the top ways DE makes money (From what I have been able to tell anyway, I could be wrong) and them not getting enough money would mean negative consequences for the game.

Perhaps a compromise would be acceptable? Like perhaps being able to transfer a Reactor/Catalyst a limited number of times before it breaks and disappears forever?

If you are just leveling up the weapon to get higher Rank, then its fine, just get rid of the thing and be done with it. But if you find one that you want to become YOUR weapon, Then i like the idea of putting a potato in it to give it something special, Something that separates it from the basic vanilla weapon. Maybe have a distinction between potatoes that are bought, and ones that are found? So the ones you actually Bought with Plat would stay, but the others would get tossed.

If you putted a potato on an weapon/warframe, looks like you really don't want to sell it... My thoughts...

I gotta agree with this.

I understand why you would want to remove a potato from a weapon or frame u dont use anymore. But personaly from a business point of view it would be kinda of silly to add that option.

If you putted a potato on an weapon/warframe, looks like you really don't want to sell it... My thoughts...

I did manage to sell some potatoed frames (my banshee to make room for my crafted vauban) and weapons (my dual heat after I find out gram fits my style better) to make room for the more exclusive ones.  but then again potato was put in before they make banshee behaves like a suicide bomber : (

And ScorpDK is right.  You cannot expect yourself to turn your fries back into a raw potato so you can make a baked potato, right?

So don't form up an expectation that you can recover the potato.  Otherwise the blueprint mission and the store would have been useless by now

For the most part, I don't think you should be able to.

However, I potatoed my bronco before a dual bronco was ever considered.  Now one exists, and it's frustrating wanting to use the dual over the regular, but having a tatered regular.  They are very close to being the same gun, so if I tater the dual, it's likely I'll never use my original again, as it just sits there with a wasted potato on it.

It would be nice if, in the process of crafting a weapon based on another weapon, that the potato would transfer to the new one.

Just because you want to sell the soup, doesn't mean you can take the potatoes back out. They're used up, cooked and will probably taste like nothing if cooked again :P

No, but if you put a special sight on a rifle, you can take that sight off and put it on another one. Don't forget, we are talking mechanical modifications here, not cooking food.

Not saying that I think they should be able to be recovered, just saying your analogy sucks. XD

Edited by RyojinOrion

I think thay should allow the removal of potaotes, but for a fee, like 100-200k creds, and the weapon is discarded. It's pretty annoying when a weapon or a warframe you like is nerfed or becomes unviable and it's not like potatoes grow on trees, they are pretty hard to get.

Edited by Story4

Not that I wouldn't welcome it, but applying a catalyst or reactor is for use on a weapon you really feel is worth it.  I think it's fair that they can't be regained when you sell the weapon.

As to the idea of paying a fee for their removal, the fee should be high.  Credits are very easy to get now (as they should be, fusion is expensive), so any removal fee would have to be something you'd really feel.

Not that I wouldn't welcome it, but applying a catalyst or reactor is for use on a weapon you really feel is worth it.  I think it's fair that they can't be regained when you sell the weapon.

As to the idea of paying a fee for their removal, the fee should be high.  Credits are very easy to get now (as they should be, fusion is expensive), so any removal fee would have to be something you'd really feel.

1m is pretty much right in the feels.

No, but if you put a special sight on a rifle, you can take that sight off and put it on another one. Don't forget, we are talking mechanical modifications here, not cooking food.

We're talking about highly advanced, likely biotech, modifications made from shape-shifting metal and utilizing a power source we don't fully understand.I always believed potatoes aren't "attached" to the weapons like a scope, but instead work their way into the weapon itself becoming one with the other components making the weapon a quasi sentient item, or at least infusing the entire thing with orokin energy.

Either way, the potato is lost into the weapon, not just stuck on with duct tape.

We're talking about highly advanced, likely biotech, modifications made from shape-shifting metal and utilizing a power source we don't fully understand.

Likely biotech? Shape-shifting metal? Where are you getting this information, I haven't seen any official information like that.

Even if that were the case, why couldn't it be removable? If it can shapeshift in, then it can theoretically shapeshift out.

Again, not saying this is a good idea for the game, and especially not for the game's business model, but still...

Edited by RyojinOrion

For the most part, I don't think you should be able to.

However, I potatoed my bronco before a dual bronco was ever considered.  Now one exists, and it's frustrating wanting to use the dual over the regular, but having a tatered regular.  They are very close to being the same gun, so if I tater the dual, it's likely I'll never use my original again, as it just sits there with a wasted potato on it.

It would be nice if, in the process of crafting a weapon based on another weapon, that the potato would transfer to the new one.

Exactly my thought on this.

Likely biotech? Shape-shifting metal? Where are you getting this information, I haven't seen any official information like that.

Even if that were the case, why couldn't it be removable? If it can shapeshift in, then it can theoretically shapeshift out.

Again, not saying this is a good idea for the game, and especially not for the game's business model, but still...

While not much official info exists, it sounds right for the universe.  Consider that the Infested are a biotech plague.  I think the potato "infests" a gun in a similar fashion, and that you're not going to remove it because it is consumed during the process of making more room in the gun for mod slots.

I think you're possibly right about the shapeshifting, but I would be happy if the potato stayed when you use one weapon to make another.

Consider that the Infested are a biotech plague.  I think the potato "infests" a gun in a similar fashion, and that you're not going to remove it because it is consumed during the process of making more room in the gun for mod slots.

You have a point, but... The reactors and catalysts don't look like they have any organic parts to them. They look metallic. The Infested do not look metallic at all.

Honestly, I like the idea of using forma to remove the catalysts from the weaponry.