Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Horrid Torid

Psykhonautic

I made this weapon last night after hours of grinding to rank 4. It's a lot of fun but there were a couple issues.

One, I can't reload and sprint. In fact, I can't even fire while sprinting. Usually if you fire while you're sprinting, you fire one shot and stop running. With this, you just stop running but don't fire anything. If you're sprinting, you just don't reload and if you start sprinting while you're already reloading, it interrupts the reload.

Two, as many have already noticed, you do not get bonus experience from toxic cloud kills it seems.

Three, the occasional severe framerate drop.

I really enjoy using this weapon, but it can get a little aggravating. Also, something will need to be done about the toxic cloud scaling. A flat 20 damage will make it much less effective at higher levels. I suggest having it scale with serration and maybe start at 15 damage instead, or add new mods specifically for weapons with a dot effect. Like duration increase and damage increase.

I'd like to hear everyone's own experience and suggestions. We can gather all the information here to help the devs make Torid a kick*** weapon.

Suggestions:

-damage scaling (either through serration or new DoT mods)

-differentiable cloud color

-FPS fix?

Edited by Psykhonautic

At the moment still one of the worst weapons in game. Because of the slow projectile most of your kills with come from AOE and its seriously under powered and dosnt count towards kills.

Then you look at Acrid, which has a MUCH faster fire rate.Ticks to 18 damage not 20 but they also stick to the enemy when torids don't. Then can do stuff like this..In it's current state there is NO reason to use torid over this, apart from the mastery requirement

I joined a pug run on Ruk and someone brought a Torid. I quit right after because of it. All these toxic clouds on the catwalks I had to avoid, and when we got the the boss, he spammed shots with it, killing my FPS more than the boss with several dozen of those clouds at once. I'm only going to the bio lab for the Acrid.

The torrid isn't nearly as bad as every makes it out to be. Sure the poison cloud not giving XP is really annoying, but thats a bug and can be fixed. But you all seem to be forgetting that this gun hits for about 110 damage on impacts vs most enemies. Now if you'd like to do some math with all of your damage mods being around 90% or higher, you can see that you will quickly nuke enemies with that impact. The poison clouds damage is rather pitiful but is also really useful for keeping shields down. when you stack 5 clouds on an enemy you start hitting for 120 DPS, which is glorious against enemies like Vay Hek or ancients

I don't want to start doing math. I want to go by experience....

Yes it can do decent direct damage, but your going to be missing most of the time when the enemies are at range and moving. Then the enemies have to stay in the cloud for the tick to happen. Sorry but I've nearly maxed it out and IMO especially against high level enemies. It's crap

Torid is in dire need of bug fixes, but the weapon itself is pretty damn good. 100 base damage + DoT is nothing to scoff at, and while it's rather hard to use, the AoE damage is very unique. Plus, like the Ogris, it will never, ever run out of ammo.