The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapons/advice Good For Nyx?

juicybug

Question

Hiya so I recently acquired a Nyx Prime and I have a few questions! 

1} I was wondering melee-wise what would suit her?

2} Is the Anku scythe worth putting an Orokin reactor+ a forma into for higher lvl play? I really like it, especially with a speed mod, but I was also considering the Jat Kittag and forma+orokin to it instead if I like it.

3} conditions, what sort of conditions suit her? I usually play Saryn and run with toxin/gas conditions on her plus anything I can squeeze in so I was just curious as to.... does it matter with Nyx to help her abilities sync better?

4} She seems sort of like an all weapon types 'can-do' frame with low armor, so should I avoid big slow weapons altogether?

5} How would I build her efficiently- I have looked up a few build videos and what-not but they don't get really into depth about her I just feel...different about her since I am used to only playing Saryn and occasionally a Nova p.

SO would duration be a bad thing with her Chaos/Mind control? 

what about a mod like flow? does that affect her absorb output burst?

what mods are best on her as of now?

anyways I suppose those are my questions about her! thank you, and sorry for coming off really noob-ish bc.. I am, im a really big noob :D but I love advice!

6 answers to this question

I'mma be frank.  Warframes and weapons do not share any correlation except for a certain few who have hidden passives for a weapon type like Excal with swords.  Other than that, use whatever you want.

Anku is a nice scythe that is more puncture-based.  Good for Grineers.  It has moderate crit stats with slightly above abysmal status.  Add the scythe stance in, and it'll be a decent weapon that's fun.

Jat Kittag is basically the queen of ragdoll.  If you're looking for a weapon to deal CC with, Jat Kittag is your girl.  Deals nice damage that is focused on impact, good for corpus, but with the amount of CC you can pull from it, it's good on anything.

As for building Nyx, focus more on duration with a bit of range.  You'll see more uses out of Chaos and Mind Control since Nyx is viewed as a CC frame.  Unless you go bubble build and sit on a defense point every round.

Edit:  I keep forgetting some abilities use weapon mods for stats.

Edited by xFayt

As for building Nyx, focus more on duration with a bit of range.

A lot of people do this, but my preference is to focus on range and efficiency. My duration sits at 80% (PC at 40%). I don't care about power.

Chaos becomes number one for CC, cast every 20 seconds. It's a cheap cast and keeps everybody busy. Absorb is reduced to a quick toggle on/off knockdown with a 23m range that instantly regenerates shields. Mind control gets 24 seconds which is respectable enough given my personal use of it to neutralize an unexpected heavy when there's a crowd to deal with. Ignore Psychic Bolts, and it's useless augment.

Nyx can melee effectively up to a point since she is not a slow frame. But she's not a melee orientated frame either and is best at range. I've always used melee with her as a carrier for Life Strike, but that's been mostly surpassed by procs on Syndicate weapons.