Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Think That An "evil Lotus" Would Be A Good Idea?

Jalix

Like there could be a whole other group of Tenno, that have random mods equipped on them every mission you do. They have a med-low drop rate for regular mods, and low drop rate for rare. Seems like a good idea.

the stalker definately setup up the situation to unfold like that.

i wouldn't bet on it tho. i don't really like "twists". they usually end up feeling gimmicky.

It depends on how much they get into it.  Twists like Cerberus in Mass Effect would be cheesy... until 1/3 of the series focused on this new antagonist.

It could add a sort of story/campaign to the game, or the start of one atleast.

Say the first solar system we are in we are under "lotus influence", then if they add the new boss to europa he is the final boss. You kill the boss, he is laying there in half (like in the trailer) and stalker shows up.

Stalker is disappointed in you taking out another member of grineer leadership and decides to make you amend your ways.

He takes you into a portal (like in trailer/how you get to void) that takes you to another system. Here the lotus controls all and the grineer are slaves to the lotus.

It turns out that the grineer you were fighting had been caught between the infested and enslavement. They thought the warframes were there last way out.

In come the tenno, overseers of the solar systems, awakened by the stalker (a tenno made to stay awake, to bbring back the others should they be needed again).

New solar system = lotus enemies (new faction)

New stalker type = still brainwashed tenno squad

Stalker aid = now and then the stalker will help in battle (more likely against tenno drop or lotus bosses)

Tl:dr new faction/new bosses/bit of story/new solar system.

Any good?

I'm hesitant about any 'dark [character]' type plot twists, because it feels so...80s Disney. And yes, 'inb4stalker,' hush >-> Just take care to avoid "I am yooouuu but BAAAAD O:<"

/too tired for better input but refuses to log out of forums

Evil lotus?  Hmmm, interesting.  Maybe record Rebecca when she is mad as hell, or when she is all hot and bothered lol.  Interesting idea though since her "evil" voices could be used for regular intercom messages that are directed towards the grineer

Uuum, NO.  I can't tell you how hard it is to find a fun game where chicks are not HYPERSEXUALIXED AND OBJECTIFIED.  Now that I finally found one, I'm also enjoying the company of a dozen other dedicated female gamers, with much fewer dudes saying they're chicks just to excuse playing the busty avatar figures.

As soon as we open up any hint into that genre, it will be a very short time until there's no more body armor on chicks and Lotus would be another mindless Mad Moxxi clone with unattractive goggles on.

Anything that turns this game into a pre-teen/basement troll's sex deprived fantasy of a game will have me OUT, GONE, BYE BYE.

Uuum, NO.  I can't tell you how hard it is to find a fun game where chicks are not HYPERSEXUALIXED AND OBJECTIFIED.  Now that I finally found one, I'm also enjoying the company of a dozen other dedicated female gamers, with much fewer dudes saying they're chicks just to excuse playing the busty avatar figures.

As soon as we open up any hint into that genre, it will be a very short time until there's no more body armor on chicks and Lotus would be another mindless Mad Moxxi clone with unattractive goggles on.

Anything that turns this game into a pre-teen/basement troll's sex deprived fantasy of a game will have me OUT, GONE, BYE BYE.

That escalated quickly

It could add a sort of story/campaign to the game, or the start of one atleast.

Say the first solar system we are in we are under "lotus influence", then if they add the new boss to europa he is the final boss. You kill the boss, he is laying there in half (like in the trailer) and stalker shows up.

Stalker is disappointed in you taking out another member of grineer leadership and decides to make you amend your ways.

He takes you into a portal (like in trailer/how you get to void) that takes you to another system. Here the lotus controls all and the grineer are slaves to the lotus.

It turns out that the grineer you were fighting had been caught between the infested and enslavement. They thought the warframes were there last way out.

In come the tenno, overseers of the solar systems, awakened by the stalker (a tenno made to stay awake, to bbring back the others should they be needed again).

New solar system = lotus enemies (new faction)

New stalker type = still brainwashed tenno squad

Stalker aid = now and then the stalker will help in battle (more likely against tenno drop or lotus bosses)

Tl:dr new faction/new bosses/bit of story/new solar system.

Any good?

Sounds awesome to me personally.

You are assuming the lotus that we work for now is in fact inherently good and that stalker because he wishes to remove us is evil. Let me ask you something.

Who is assassinating Grineer all the time?

Who is stealing things all the time?

Who is blowing up ships all the time?

Who is destroying valuable equipment all the time?

Who is capturing people all the time with a very painful method?

Why do you think that there actually good and evil in this game? All are just races trying to survive.

Why do you think space ninjas care about morality?

At the end of the day are the Tenno anything more than mercenaries?

Lastly

Who is slaughtering hundreds of life forms on a daily basis at the word of one women and a organization that you have never even met in game, seen or spoken to?

Well, I want to see something similar as a "form of campaign" but I have a slight different take..

Completely different solar system, maybe one with 3 or 4 planets, dedicated to a "cult" of the stalker, a group of grineer and corpus deserters who worship the stalker fanatically. Final boss of the system is a consistent stalker fight, however it doesnt drop the traditional stalker weapons (dread, hate, despair), but a different set. Enemies are hooded versions of grineers and corpus crewmen with makeshift weapons like (for instance) a molotov based grenade. Perhaps more "tribal" based weaponry, like makeshift paris bows and a version of the new spears that are  in development. 

My version of the "stalker" faction would be a fanatical sect that follows some sort of twisted creed that declares them active hunters of Tenno, but are wholly unconnected in relationship with the stalker in that the stalker doesnt "run" this group of fanatics but is ran by (spoilers) Lotus, who sees the players as dangerous to herself and are two powerful to exist.  :D

You're saying that lotus isn't evil already?

Clearly, OP never had the spy mission followed by objectives-update spy mission 2.

"Tnx for getting 4 data samples, go fetch 4 moar plx, ktnxbai." -Lotus.

Or, "you found the hostage, now go do it again while towing the first one around with you do it."  >_<#

You are assuming the lotus that we work for now is in fact inherently good and that stalker because he wishes to remove us is evil. Let me ask you something.

Who is assassinating Grineer all the time?

Who is stealing things all the time?

Who is blowing up ships all the time?

Who is destroying valuable equipment all the time?

Who is capturing people all the time with a very painful method?

Why do you think that there actually good and evil in this game? All are just races trying to survive.

Why do you think space ninjas care about morality?

At the end of the day are the Tenno anything more than mercenaries?

Lastly

Who is slaughtering hundreds of life forms on a daily basis at the word of one women and a organization that you have never even met in game, seen or spoken to?

To answer:  "It was that other guy over there!  He threatened me, I was coerced!  Thanks so much for saving me from this madman!  Sure, I'll put those cuffs on myself.  Here let me just fasten these..."  *snaps guy's neck*

"Hehe, frikkin idiot guard."