The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Stopped Working Nvidia 361.43

KilluaKill

Question

Hi!

I'm having issues with Warframe, most of the time the screen goes black and a message appears saying that the display driver stopped working, it is completely random and I don't know what is causing it, I'm running Windows 10.

Any ideas?

Specs:

FX 8350

GTX 970 (361.43)

16 GB RAM (1866mhz)

Kingston HyperX 3K (120 gb)

Thanks

I upgraded the Game Ready Drivers for Rise of the Tomb Raider as it was released yesterday (27 Jan 2016). After this my game froze for 20 seconds.

I posted this to other thread:

I never have gotten game freezes. Survival mission and after acolyte. Playing on PC.

Game froze for 20 seconds after acolyte appeared and the game continued after the freeze just fine - excluding host migration and other stuff. Managed to record it. Keep your eye on the survival timer on top left corner to exclude doubts that i'm trolling/cheating with video editor.

Game has never done this before. Happened after todays 18.4.3 update.

Changes I've made to my gaming rig:

nVidia Geforce Experience update to 2.10.1.2

nVidia GameReady Driver update from 361.43 to 361.75 Game Ready for Rise of the Tomb Raider and Tom Clancy's The Devision (Beta)

I upgraded the Game Ready Drivers for Rise of the Tomb Raider as it was released yesterday (27 Jan 2016). After this my game froze for 20 seconds.

I posted this to other thread:

I never have gotten game freezes. Survival mission and after acolyte. Playing on PC.

Game froze for 20 seconds after acolyte appeared and the game continued after the freeze just fine - excluding host migration and other stuff. Managed to record it. Keep your eye on the survival timer on top left corner to exclude doubts that i'm trolling/cheating with video editor.

Game has never done this before. Happened after todays 18.4.3 update.

Changes I've made to my gaming rig:

nVidia Geforce Experience update to 2.10.1.2

nVidia GameReady Driver update from 361.43 to 361.75 Game Ready for Rise of the Tomb Raider and Tom Clancy's The Devision (Beta)

Can you replicate this and if so does reverting to the last stable version of you driver fix it? if so you may have to play in that version for a while until Nvidia releases a non beta version

Nope, drivers are up to date and still crashes :(

Not sure if this will work but it's fixed graphics issues for me before, go to your desktop and right click it then go to the Nvidia Control Panel, under Manage 3D settings go to program settings and select warframe under the first area if there is more than one exe just do this for all of them and you can't go wrong, after you select warframe go to were it says "select the preferred graphics processor for this program" and choose High-Performance NVIDIA processor then hit apply at the bottom this has fixed a lot of issues for me in the past and may help you not sure though

Can you replicate this and if so does reverting to the last stable version of you driver fix it? if so you may have to play in that version for a while until Nvidia releases a non beta version

So far no massive freezes. I'm experiencing some micro-freezes that lasts for 1 sec every now and then. Did just two acolyte survival missions trying to replicate the issue and other capture runs. Thought this time I used different frame and equipment. Micro freezes are present when i solo play, host a game or join a pre-made squad.

A while back when nVidia released GeForce Experience SHARE v. 2.6.0 - it had some issues with Warframe. When using the share overlay in warframe it rendered a game crash when ALT-TAB'ing. And it was easy to replicate. I reported the issue to the nVidia GeForce Experience feedback forums as well as in the Evolution engine crash application. The overlay issue was fixed by nVidia during the next nVidia GeForce Experience hotfix.

But now back to game to have some fun. If it freezes again I will revert the drivers and submit a feedback to nVidia and come back to this thread :)

Edit: I'm using MSI GTX 960 4Gb + i5 4690K + Crucial Ballistic Sport 16Gb. As for mobo I have Asus B85-Pro Gamer and 2xSSD 256Gb HDD and one mechanical 7200rpm 2Tb HDD and running Windows 10 Enterprise (with the telemetry disabled - Plus I'm not in the Insider program so no TH2 "beta" updates in)

Edit2: I'm experiencing every now and then these micro freezes. Lasts about 1 sec each. Time to revert the drivers and see what happens.

Edited by carnaga

I decided to perform a clean install of GeForce Game Ready Driver (Rise of The Tomb Rider version).

SG7Z10F.jpg

The micro freezes are present when Acolyte spawns.

The positive thing here is that I'm not the only one experiencing this:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/601492-anyone-else-getting-dc-as-client-when-an-acolyte-spawns/

Edited by carnaga

Hi!

I'm having issues with Warframe, most of the time the screen goes black and a message appears saying that the display driver stopped working, it is completely random and I don't know what is causing it, I'm running Windows 10.

Any ideas?

Specs:

FX 8350

GTX 970 (361.43)

16 GB RAM (1866mhz)

Thanks

I had the same problem but with the GTX 460. Don't wanna cast fear in you but for me it was my GPU dieing. Happened once first and it even restarted my pc. Some days later everything was k, till the event started, then it moved on to not letting me stay in warframe for 5 minutes before crashing.

I had the same problem but with the GTX 460. Don't wanna cast fear in you but for me it was my GPU dieing. Happened once first and it even restarted my pc. Some days later everything was k, till the event started, then it moved on to not letting me stay in warframe for 5 minutes before crashing.

To reduce the fear:

During the launch of Official NVIDIA 350.12 WHQL Grand Teft Auto V drivers people suffered from "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" and "G-Sync" issues. You can read all the feedback in here:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/825284/official-nvidia-350-12-whql-game-ready-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-4-13-15-/

This was fixed with a hotfix by nVidia to prevent the issues. My computer had this issue after a cold boot. With warm boot, no issues. Reverting drivers for older 347.88 WHQL ones fixed the issue. And when nVidia released the next official driver no problems.

=^.^=

Edited by carnaga

Again, crash :(

The freezes I got are now fixed. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/601492-anyone-else-getting-dc-as-client-when-an-acolyte-spawns/

If I was you I would do a clean install for nvidia drivers by following method:

Before using the software below I would recommend to visit the Display Driver Uninstaller forum at Guru3D and check out the feedback made by other people. From the same place you can contact the developers and get support if you have any questions: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379506

So I would perform a "Clean & Restart" function with DDU software from Guru3D http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html It has also been recommended by users from the nVidia Forums but use your own judgement regarding this.

If you decide to use the software and perform the display driver cleaning operation -- after the reboot windows will install the default WDM display driver.

After this I would download latest WHQL drivers from nVidia and perform an "Express Install" and ticking on the installer the "perform a clean install" option that it would remove the default WDM drivers and settings.

And finally, I would go to nVidia Control panel and select from drop down menu a "maximum performance mode" over the "adaptive".

There are some guides to fix the "display driver stopped working" -problems by increasing the GPU voltage and other in depth "hocus pocus" methods -- but I wouldn't go that far. I'd rather test out different drivers from nvidia.

Edited by carnaga

The freezes I got are now fixed. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/601492-anyone-else-getting-dc-as-client-when-an-acolyte-spawns/

If I was you I would do a clean install for nvidia drivers by following method:

Before using the software below I would recommend to visit the Display Driver Uninstaller forum at Guru3D and check out the feedback made by other people. From the same place you can contact the developers and get support if you have any questions: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379506

So I would perform a "Clean & Restart" function with DDU software from Guru3D http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html It has also been recommended by users from the nVidia Forums but use your own judgement regarding this.

If you decide to use the software and perform the display driver cleaning operation -- after the reboot windows will install the default WDM display driver.

After this I would download latest WHQL drivers from nVidia and perform an "Express Install" and ticking on the installer the "perform a clean install" option that it would remove the default WDM drivers and settings.

And finally, I would go to nVidia Control panel and select from drop down menu a "maximum performance mode" over the "adaptive".

There are some guides to fix the "display driver stopped working" -problems by increasing the GPU voltage and other in depth "hocus pocus" methods -- but I wouldn't go that far. I'd rather test out different drivers from nvidia.

Already did that, I'm so frustrated right now I don't know what to do

Already did that, I'm so frustrated right now I don't know what to do

I really want to help :)

nVidia introduced at developer.nvidia.com -- relating to Windows 10 an interesting Timeout Detection & Recovery (TDR) value which may correct some display driver related problems. Bit detailed info from nVidia:

And even more detailed from microsoft:

Worth a shot? Here is a simplified video tutorial how to add TdrDelay dword or qword (32bit or 64bit depending of your system) value to your registry. And remember, there is a reason why the default TdrDelay value is 2 seconds. Use your own judgement here.

The value nVidia and in people in reddit suggests is 10. In the following video the guy uses value 8. I would follow nVidia's/reddit's suggestion.
Take a backup of your registry before editing it.

Another thing crossed my mind is your ram running at 1866mhz. In Tom's Hardware they are talking that FX 8350 supports 1866mhz modules but running the dimms on dual channel the best solution would be 2 x 8Gb @1600 mhz bringing less stress on the MC (memory controller). When you go higher mhz bandwidth you have to perform some DRAM and/or MC voltage adjustments that your computer would function properly.

"Yep, it's part the mobo and mainly the MC (memory controller) itself, the FX CPUs are rated up to 1866 at 1 stick per channel, so additional sticks and/or higher freq often require the voltage changes to help the MC"

"For 16GB, 2x8GB is a better choice if mobo supports it, less stress on the MC (memory controller), over and above 1600 is possible depends on the individual CPU and generally takes some DRAM and/or MC voltage adjustments"

Btw. what power supply are you using?
Edited by carnaga

I really want to help :)

nVidia introduced at developer.nvidia.com -- relating to Windows 10 an interesting Timeout Detection & Recovery (TDR) value which may correct some display driver related problems. Bit detailed info from nVidia:

And even more detailed from microsoft:

Worth a shot? Here is a simplified video tutorial how to add TdrDelay dword or qword (32bit or 64bit depending of your system) value to your registry. And remember, there is a reason why the default TdrDelay value is 2 seconds. Use your own judgement here.

The value nVidia and in people in reddit suggests is 10. In the following video the guy uses value 8. I would follow nVidia's/reddit's suggestion.

Take a backup of your registry before editing it.

Another thing crossed my mind is your ram running at 1866mhz. In Tom's Hardware they are talking that FX 8350 supports 1866mhz modules but running the dimms on dual channel the best solution would be 2 x 8Gb @1600 mhz bringing less stress on the MC (memory controller). When you go higher mhz bandwidth you have to perform some DRAM and/or MC voltage adjustments that your computer would function properly.

"Yep, it's part the mobo and mainly the MC (memory controller) itself, the FX CPUs are rated up to 1866 at 1 stick per channel, so additional sticks and/or higher freq often require the voltage changes to help the MC"

"For 16GB, 2x8GB is a better choice if mobo supports it, less stress on the MC (memory controller), over and above 1600 is possible depends on the individual CPU and generally takes some DRAM and/or MC voltage adjustments"

Btw. what power supply are you using?

Corsair CX600, I'm going to try the solution that u mentioned :)

EDIT: Now that you are talking about the ram, this crash started right after I bought my new ram, going to check that right now!

Edited by KilluaKill

Hi!

Any ideas?

Specs:

FX 8350

GTX 970 (361.43)

16 GB RAM (1866mhz)

Thanks

I'm going to be honest with you. It's your, GTX 970.

You have a (now) low - end graphic card, in a fast computer. I was in the same boat as you, as I came to a point when the Nvidia updates hit a wall (900 series). 

When Christmas came, my family pitched in and bought me a GTX 660 and 12 GB of RAM! All my graphic problems melted away, and I finally was able to run the latest games.

My purpose wasn't to upset you, and DE have already announced their plans to update visual effects on surfaces. 

I'm going to be honest with you. It's your, GTX 970.

You have a (now) low - end graphic card, in a fast computer. I was in the same boat as you, as I came to a point when the Nvidia updates hit a wall (900 series). 

When Christmas came, my family pitched in and bought me a GTX 660 and 12 GB of RAM! All my graphic problems melted away, and I finally was able to run the latest games.

My purpose wasn't to upset you, and DE have already announced their plans to update visual effects on surfaces. 

So you're saying he should pick a worse GPU to defeat his problems?

I don't get it, btw I tried everything maybe it is time to forget Warframe and wait until someone show up with a solution :(

He was talking about that I have a Low-end gpu? Dx

Yeah gtx 970 probably can't even run gta sa, better get the gtx 660...sorry had to do this /sarcasm off

Did you try playing other games than warframe?

Yeah gtx 970 probably can't even run gta sa, better get the gtx 660...sorry had to do this /sarcasm off

Did you try playing other games than warframe?

With GTX 970 you cant even play even Rise Of The Tomb Raider (2016) with maxed out settings

Regarding nVidia and GTX cards

Titan x - z = Uber end

980+ series = High End

960-970 series = Mid end

750Ti = Low end

/sarcasm off

I don't get it, btw I tried everything maybe it is time to forget Warframe and wait until someone show up with a solution :(

+

Corsair CX600, I'm going to try the solution that u mentioned :)

EDIT: Now that you are talking about the ram, this crash started right after I bought my new ram, going to check that right now!

If the problems started after getting new ram, you definitely want to check it out. And if you use them in DC (dual channel) you may want to lower the mhz to 1600 which causes less stress to MC (memory controller) when using FX 8350 (previous post I made).

Corsair 600W is sufficent for gtx 970. I see no problems in there. nVidia recommends 500W power for factory built desktop computers (eg Steam Machines) with gtx 970 but home desktop pc's have more stuff in there (hard drives, peripherals and so on) so recommended psu by tom's hardware is minimum of 600W.

Did you try this to narrow down the problem that I wrote to this posts in the other thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/445599-game-crashes-nvidia-display-driver-april-2015/?p=6805175

Edit: wrote more stuff

Edited by carnaga

With GTX 970 you cant even play even Rise Of The Tomb Raider (2016) with maxed out settings

Regarding nVidia and GTX cards

Titan x - z = Uber end

980+ series = High End

960-970 series = Mid end

750Ti = Low end

/sarcasm off

If the problems started after getting new ram, you definitely want to check it out. And if you use them in DC (dual channel) you may want to lower the mhz to 1600 which causes less stress to MC (memory controller) when using FX 8350 (previous post I made).

Corsair 600W is sufficent for gtx 970. I see no problems in there. nVidia recommends 500W power for factory built desktop computers (eg Steam Machines) with gtx 970 but home desktop pc's have more stuff in there (hard drives, peripherals and so on) so recommended psu by tom's hardware is minimum of 600W.

Did you try this to narrow down the problem that I wrote to this posts in the other thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/445599-game-crashes-nvidia-display-driver-april-2015/?p=6805175

Edit: wrote more stuff

I tried with 1600 MHz, same result I think it was just coincidence :(

EDIT: I lowered the clock/mem -100 MHz and the power to 90% to see IF the problem stops with less stress on the gpu