Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Discrepancies With Boss Drops And Themes Behind Them

Riptose

Hi, I've been playing for a while now, and I have noticed some major inconsistencies for some of the drops on the Warframes from bosses and other means.

First some general questions concerning the ratios for drops from bosses and other means: 

1) Do different bosses have different rates for the general pieces? (I.E. volt and ember chassis drop at the same rate?)

2) Are there any plans in the future to make each blueprint pinned down to a boss in a specific planet, or is the up-in-the-air rarity of Vauban and banshee going to remain as they are. And will Europa continue to have no boss? I personally hoping that trinity (being ill-suited for the boss it is attached too), Banshee, and Vauban are moved to bosses in the future.

Secondly, Do not confuse this as a player just complaining about how things drop and the rarity that comes about with them. I really only want to improve the game as a whole and make it a more enjoyable experience for all who play it. As I have no actual programming ability, so I decided by giving some in-depth ways of improving in a way I think is productive, will improve the entire experience, as well make each boss more unique and memorable. 

One thing I think is really important is pointing out what is done well, so I will do that before I point out things I think are problematic or just somewhat nonsensical.

-Frost-

Frost's boss is really good at theming the general idea behind Frost's frame. The boss itself, Lieutenant Lich Krill, is really memorable. Krill, after getting to a certain amount of health, swaps from using frost abilites and turn to fire based abilities. Really cool mechanics for Krill, as well as it is really unique and cool looking. Makes me want to use super heavy weapons on frost even more :P

-Nyx-

Phoroid is a really cool boss, in terms of a few things. The general mechanics are pretty interesting. You  *THINK* that you should keep a really safe distance from it and just snipe it, but that's when it gets you with the Nyx's mind bolt ability that does considerably more damage than the actual claw attack . The Boss looks pretty darn unique, has a great theming behind it, and is overall is great

-Stalker-

This is a pretty genius idea. The player gets "stalked" by a super boss that gets revenge for killing any bosses randomly. It has some super cool ability blends between Excalibur and Ash with some really amazing weapons. It essentially demonstrates the radical power of its items that it drops (Dread, Hate, and Despair). You can't kill it (at least not easily), it appears in an extremely spooky way, and is extremely challenging.  Now, if the dash abilities it has can get fixed so it stops getting stuck in walls, this boss would be Top Notch :D

--------------------------------------------------------Warframe Discrepancies--------------------------------------------------------------

-Vauban-

I have yet to see an alert where any amount of Vauban blueprints drop. I imagine that maybe once every couple of weeks that the blueprints would drop, but I have been playing for almost a month and have yet to see a single alert where Vauban Prints were available. I have a few aspirations concerning Vauban: 1) That Vauban with all honesty has more in common with Val Hek than Trinity does. I think Either changing Val Hek into a more defensive enemy with abilities that are similar to Trinity, or swapping Vauban and Trinity's bosses and adding a boss to Europa that has similar theming and ability similarity for Trinity. 2) The way Vauban is currently obtained is really only through ? alerts that are exceedingly rare. The only real way to get a Vauban is to buy it or wait exceedingly large amounts of time between the ? alerts that drop the BP's for Vauban parts.I suggest maybe changing it to a different form of drop, such as a random drop from any and all bosses but is much more rare compared to each individual 

-Ash-

Well, either I have the worst luck, or Tyl Regor very very VERY rarely drop any blueprints

I have played Literally 10 matches with only the helmet dropping once. As saying this, the  I think that Tyr Regor is a good boss for Ash, having very similar themes, but is an all together boring fight that consists of just kiting Regor. Perhaps the addition of a few abilities to Regor would make the boss more enjoyable and 

-Trinity-

I have played earth approximately 20 times, and nearly every time a part of the Trinity Warframe has dropped, however the rarest treasure, the systems, have only dropped once. I think that there are two problems with this. 1) although Trinity is a completely support dependent Frame, the helmet and chassis probably drop too often compared to the Systems which are extremely rare. I can understand that the reason they drop so much more often is because of the desire to make this Frame more popular perhaps in making it more easily accessible compared to other Frames.

2)Trinity and the Earth boss, Val Hek, have almost no themes in common with each other. No shared abilities, no common themes (like raw strength for Rhino-Jackal)

-Mag-

Mag drops pretty readily from Nef Anyo, a corpus sniper boss on mars. But, on further inspection of this boss shows that it has little to no theming or similarity to each other. Anyo honestly doesn't fit with really anything other than ash or loki due to the cloaking ability he has. A boss who does have quite a bit of similarity with Mag, however, is the boss for Saturn, General Sargas Ruk.  Ruk has a sort of 'Reverse bullet magnet' ability that causes the player effected to essentially shoot themselves instead of any intended target. But where does this leave Anyo? Perhaps changing him to incorperate Volt like abilities, such as the volt's super speed and electric shield, and moving volt to his area on mars. Another idea is to give him the inverted bullet magnet ability of General Ruk to make him actually theme correctly with his dropped Frame.

-Volt-

As mentioned above, I suggested a move from J3-Golem, who drops the blueprints for Volt, to Anyo. Golem couldn't have less in common with the Volt. Golem is a poisonous based boss, who lobs large poison clouds (that's not even possible, but it's what it does) at the ground. Obviously this corresponds more readily with Sayrn than any other frame, due to sayrn's poisonous ability set. The boss itself is not difficult, and aside from the poison clouds has nothing else interesting about it. Maybe the addition of another ability like the Sayrn's molt to cause it to "multiply"in some way.

Also why on earth does the J3-Golem drop neural sensors? Shouldn't Val Hek drop these instead and j3-Golem drop the neurodes? Item drop theming is kinda important :P

-Loki-

Loki does not have really any theming in common with Hyena. I have a decent idea on how to fix that. Lotus, your Commanding officer Tenno lady, tells you that the Hyena fights in "packs" but there is only one you actually fight. By giving Hyena a version of Loki's Hologram by making a "pack" of holograms that can very easily confuse the players. Yes, that makes it alot harder, but also 20 times more interesting.

-Excalibur- 

So, Ambulas as a boss has a really good design. It incorporates a pull, a kick, and a ring of fire ability. But what does it have in common with Excalibur? The mechanics are good, but they don't go particularly for Excalibur. Maybe incorporating Radial Javelin or a super jump like Excalibur that makes it more justifiable to allow Excalibur to drop so late in the game.

-Excalibur- 

So, Ambulas as a boss has a really good design. It incorporates a pull, a kick, and a ring of fire ability. But what does it have in common with Excalibur? The mechanics are good, but they don't go particularly for Excalibur. Maybe incorporating Radial Javelin or a super jump like Excalibur that makes it more justifiable to allow Excalibur to drop so late in the game.

Also, why does the very last boss in the game drop one of the starter warframes!?!?

That's the part that always leaves me scratching my head.

Mag? Nef Anyo. Easy easy Solo.

Loki? Hyena, do-able fairly easily, especially since there's usually lots of peeps farming Control Modules, esp with the new clan weaponry.

Excalibur? Yeah have fun going to freaking PLUTO and fighting the 2nd (1st?) hardest enemy in the game not counting Void 3.

Basically if you didn't choose Excalibur as your starting frame and you want to get every frame, you're punished because you're going to have such a harder time collecting Frames than you would if you had chosen Excalibur to start with.

Edited by Xylia

I am more thinking of how they bosses and their frame BP drops most of the time just dont fit together. Like how ember drops from a boss that usual mag like abilities. Or how the one poisonous boss drops volt BP's. 

Also that how some of the bosses can be kind of boring and unremarkable. Val Hek is just a guy with a shotgun and is hard to kill. he makes 4 clones and throws grenades from time to time. its pretty boring. Another one that comes to mind is nef anyo. he is extreamly squishy, has one ability that he shares with like 2 other bosses (stalker and tyr regor) and is overall pretty weak. Nothing about his fight is enjoyable, its more of a chore.

:\ kind of want more out of my bosses and have the drops suit the places and people they drop frome

Neurodes are biological parts from an infected individual... so why is the major farming area for them a grineer boss? Same with Golem dropping neural sensors.