The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adopt-A-Newb Night - Friday January 29Th!

Meneliki

Question

Hello, everyone!

It's that time again to gather on the Mercury/Larunda(PC) relay (or which ever is lowest level on consoles) and help eachother out!

What is Adopt-A-Newb?

For over a year now, we've been gathering on the relay every other Friday(to co-incide with Baro Ki'Teer off weeks) to help out new players in need. Veterans come by and offer their assistance, new players stop in and ask for help. Whether they need advice, help with a mission, or whatever. It's meant to be a friendlier, more personal and generally more usefull alternative to the Region/Recruiting chat which isn't always the most welcome environment. There's no set time of day, but typically it tends to pick up in the early evening(EST) and can last fairly late into the night. There's no obligation to stick around the whole time, but alot of people do anyways. It often turns into a fairly lively social event, regardless of new player turnout. Alot of chatting, impromptu missions for fun, etc. Obviously helping people out is something that should be going on all of the time, we just make an event out of it every other week.

So let's come together on the relay and help out our new players! Help people with gear, missions, or running the current event! Great time to be a new player with all these event mods raining from the sky! 

Also - Depending on general interest/turnout, Trivia For Plat™ may make a return!

Hope to see you there!

7 answers to this question

Thank you to all who participated and contributed to yet another successful Adopt-A-Newb night! Questions were answered, missions were run, people were helped!

Congratulations to this week's Trivia-For-Plat winners:

-friendzoningMisandrost 

-Holofex (kindly donated his winnings)

-Desmerit

-Scarydeadestdan

-HeadrushReaper (kindly donated his winnings)

-SilverSeraphyn

GG, everyone! Hope to see you in 2 weeks!

It's all good. Maybe next time! :)

Sadly, probably not then either. I'm always at my university while this is going on so I wouldn't be able to ever chat. Hell, it makes playing normally almost impossible, but where I actually am meant to talk to people? Sadly not possible. Maybe sometime when we have Friday off I can get somewhere with a router that actually works. Until then, I'm a mute.

Heard absolutely zero about this in Recruitment chat or I'd have been able to participate.

Unfortunately, last time I tried mentioning(and i do mean mention, not spam) it in recruiting chat(months and months ago) i got kicked.