The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fifth Ability

FallingHeaven

Question

I finished the second dream quest and was given a lens for my chosen school.

But I heard that currently there is no way to remove lens from warframe/weapon. So I never installed the lens on anything. I don't even know how.

But weird thing is there is this little charging blue circle at the lower right corner of my screen, and I am even able to project the operator.

I don't know why. Does the lens from the Quest install itself somehow?

Thanks

7 answers to this question

The lens is used to gain focus, not use the ability.  If you put the lens on a warframe, then 50% of all weapon kills (and 100% of ability kills) is turned into focus.  On a weapon, 100% is turned into focus for that weapon.

Also, although you cannot remove the lens - you can replace it.  Therefore if you want to change the school you get focus with later (from that weapon/frame) you can just 'replace' the lens... And the old one is lost.

The lenses convert affinity earned from whatever the lens is on into focus affinity. But, the lens only converts a small percentage of exp into actual focus. For a standard lens, 5% of affinity earned on the lensed item is turned into focus affinity, while for a greater lens that number is 7%. So if you install a Madurai lens on Rhino, then 5% of all affinity (and 50% of the affinity from your weapon kills) are all turned into Madurai affinity.

And, as stated before by others, the lens itself isn't removable. If you replace the lens with something else, the previous lens is destroyed. But, all affinity earned with that focus is kept in tact. So if you want to rank up Vazarin, and throw a lens on Rhino;destroying the Madurai, all affinity earned simply goes to Bazarin instead of Madurai, but you can still freely switch between the two schools, to fit what you're running, Madurai more for solo play or where you need a good bit of damage, Vazarin where you need more tankiness and survivability,

Don't worry though, the focus system is getting reworked, according to one of the recent dev streams (66 I believe, but not 100% sure, I'll double check and update if I'm mistaken).

Hey, thanks guys. Very informative.

Just how to equip a lens if I decide which frame/weapon to to be my main? The only place I could see this lens is inventory.

Thanks

Go to Actions where you choose the polarity slot when using forma and you'll see the focus lens installation.

Hey, thanks guys. Very informative.

Just how to equip a lens if I decide which frame/weapon to to be my main? The only place I could see this lens is inventory.

Thanks

Actions; where it gives you the option to install a reactor/catalyst, Forma the weapon, or to swap polarities. There should be an option that says "install lens"