The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is This A Good Boltor Prime Build

Dressingpop

Question

6 answers to this question

Personally I would replace Vile Acceleration with Shred, and swap radiation for Viral damage. Viral since it is a Bane of Grineer build, VIral does well against armor. Shred doesn't lower the damage, not like it matters much with Boltor prime, but that 90% fire rate will be an ammo vacuum.

Edited by GraduateArc8298

personally id drop the vile acceleration because the ammo drain is too intense for me but if ur good with your ammo then keep it. id also drop the elementals for dual stat because the amount of hits is so high, status procs fairly often.

I agree Vile Acceleration needs to go. Boltor Prime is only a 60 round mag and has a 2.4 reload. With Vile Acceleration you're going to waste a lot of ammo still shooting at targets that are already going to be killed by bolts already in the air that haven't landed yet, and then you're going to be reloading over and over again.

TBH, the #1 thing I use Shred for is shooting through multiple enemies, but the bolts from Boltor Prime throw bodies out of the way when they die so I don't find Punch-Through to be that crucial. I'd probably stick Fast Hands or Rifle Ammo Mutation in that slot until I absolutely needed it for damage then go with Speed Trigger or Piercing Caliber. Probably Piercing Caliber since it's the same polarity as the utility mods.

Personally I would replace Vile Acceleration with Shred, and swap radiation for Viral damage. Viral since it is a Bane of Grineer build, VIral does well against armor. Shred doesn't lower the damage, not like it matters much with Boltor prime, but that 90% fire rate will be an ammo vacuum.

^

I think this is backwards. Viral is good vs the Grineer "Cloned Flesh" health, not against their armor. As you go up in levels the Grineer gain more armor so I think Viral gets worse and worse. I usually run Corrosive + Cold but I'm not sure at what level what combos become optimal. Maybe someone else with a higher math stat can chime in with the particulars.

In general though you only want to use Viral for very low levels, or very high levels in a team that's totally removing enemy armor, like four players using the Corrosive Projection aura. If you want the Viral proc, you want to give another slot and go Radiation + Viral, but you might need help vs Heavy Gunners and other high armor Ferrite-armored enemies.

Edited by VKhaun