The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buying Vaulted Prime Items Good Idea?

ZailDyez

Question

Hello~

Since a lot of people were very helpful in my other thread, I wanted to make another. 

I only recently found out about this the so called "Prime Vault" which actually kinda made me sad, because I thought I could take my time with the game slowly and earn all the prime items [except founder exclusive stuff] in-game. After finding out that I can't get one some of my favorite frames their prime version, I was wondering if it would be best just to buy the frame in trading channel? 

The frame in question is mostly about Frost Prime. I read that they occasionally have sales where they take stuff out of the prime vault and have it on sale, but since Frost Prime was put out in December, I doubt he will be back on sale for a very long time. I actually don't know how much he goes for in trading channel anyway since you can't get him anymore =x

But this also leads to the other question I might as well ask here: Is buying prime stuff that has been put into the prime vault a good idea? Or should just wait for an eventual sale? Because to be honest, it does seem to be a lot cheaper just to buy the prime frame from trading channel than paying the 60 dollars for the vault bundle DE seems to put out =x IDK if the prime weapons are that much better than regular weapons, so if anyone could enlighten me on that, that would be great!

Thanks again for the replies~ 

5 answers to this question

If it were me, there's no way I'd consider it.

They're pretty much guaranteed to come out of the Vault eventually... as you say though, it could potentially be a long time. However, the difference between vanilla and Prime Warframe is so miniscule. Particularly in the case of Frost, his stats and appearance are almost identical. I personally like the looks of Vanilla Frost a lot more since he isn't so solidly one colour.

If it were me, I'd just use Vanilla Frost until he's un-vaulted. You're not missing out on anything with Frost Prime, and it's not worth whatever absurd prices are being charged.

At the end of the day though, I don't know how much you want this Warframe, so only you can really decide if it's 'worth it' on a personal level.

agree its not worth it 

not worth in that, technically the tiny little differences the prime has to offer is not worth the value of the plat or $ youd pay

everything you can do with a frost prime you can do with a vanilla frost, for all intents they are exactly the same

but maybe its worth it to you for other reasons ? thats fine ofc and is a personal thing only u can decide like bunny said