The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Lod Bug

MillbrookWest

I'm assuming this would get put here in the performance section due to the fact LOD is a 'performance' feature. Don't know exactly where to put this tbh. If the actual cause is a UV map bug, then perhaps maybe 'Art & Animation'? But i digress.

There are several instances of the geometry LOD being very aggressive, to the point of being distracting.

It is most obvious in the void where there are lots of contrasting textures.

In the below screengrab, If you look at the little walls enemies hide behind, you can see that the 'Low-quality' mesh has been deformed a bit, resulting in the dark texture appearing as a massive black triangle before snapping into it's high quality mesh.

vlcsnap-00103xpaf9.png

This is apparent for many, many, objects that have dark on bright textures, and is very obvious on almost every single wall of this kind.

It's not just the chest high walls that a culprit either, massive sections of wall can fall victim to it (Massive brown triangle on what should be a white support pillar)

vlcsnap-00104cqb1i.png

It's nothing major, but i continuously pick up on it to the point where it's annoying and all i see is the mesh switch every time.

Addendum: There doesn't seem to be an issue once the high quality mesh loads in, just that switch from the low quality mesh popping to the high quality mesh.

Edited by MillbrookWest