Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Alternative To Classic Pvp

Excitonex

Many people are likely familiar with the concept of endless defense in Warframe. I propose we implement a competitive endless wave mode. This mode is very similar to the current style of endless defense except for a few key areas.

You have 2 teams of equal size that start with a certain amount of credits. Each wave the players gain credits for killing enemies that they spend in between waves. Credits are spent on enemies that will be sent at the other team. You can choose to send more enemies, more types of enemies, or increase their level. Every wave adds to the previous so eventually one team will fail.

Players choose the style map they wish to compete on before the game starts. I'm not a coder, but I think if possible it would be key for each team to host their own instance of the game and only have the hosts exchange information between waves. This will squash a portion of the lag issues that may arise from so many players interacting together.

The best part about this idea is no frame has to be nerfed for the sake of PvP. If a frame is looking too powerful for some reason the easiest fix is a new enemy type that counters that frame's abilities in some fashion. Players will be helping create the enemies that kill them, it's almost ironic. It could also lead to a number of really interesting enemy ideas that help balance out some of the more powerful frame abilities like Bastille.

Don't make me redact my +1!

I intend to sleep soundly tonight!!!

No need to say things that can give a Tenno a heart attack!

Well, ideally, we just choose the enemies that spawn, not how many are active or in what order they spawn in. Those should be kept the same or very similar to spawn rates and limits that are currently active on enemies.

Basically, yeah. 10,000 Grineer rollers = auto-win.

LOLOL

also i dont like how you think some frames need nerfs for pvp, what an absurd notion.  it sounds kind of like the original magic the gathering video game where you summoned creatures to fight. i do like this idea it could be fun. it might make the dojos less dead content-ish as most people are only in their dojo to drop resources and to get the BP for the dojo weapons

LOLOL

also i dont like how you think some frames need nerfs for pvp, what an absurd notion.  it sounds kind of like the original magic the gathering video game where you summoned creatures to fight. i do like this idea it could be fun. it might make the dojos less dead content-ish as most people are only in their dojo to drop resources and to get the BP for the dojo weapons

But I don't want frames to be nerfed for PvP. That's why I want a style of PvP that does not include true player vs. player.

Many people are likely familiar with the concept of endless defense in Warframe. I propose we implement a competitive endless wave mode. This mode is very similar to the current style of endless defense except for a few key areas.

You have 2 teams of equal size that start with a certain amount of credits. Each wave the players gain credits for killing enemies that they spend in between waves. Credits are spent on enemies that will be sent at the other team. You can choose to send more enemies, more types of enemies, or increase their level. Every wave adds to the previous so eventually one team will fail.

Players choose the style map they wish to compete on before the game starts. I'm not a coder, but I think if possible it would be key for each team to host their own instance of the game and only have the hosts exchange information between waves. This will squash a portion of the lag issues that may arise from so many players interacting together.

The best part about this idea is no frame has to be nerfed for the sake of PvP. If a frame is looking too powerful for some reason the easiest fix is a new enemy type that counters that frame's abilities in some fashion. Players will be helping create the enemies that kill them, it's almost ironic. It could also lead to a number of really interesting enemy ideas that help balance out some of the more powerful frame abilities like Bastille.

Interesting idea, but I don't think it would be a good idea for this game. It just doesn't really fit in with the game's style, IMO.

Interesting idea, but I don't think it would be a good idea for this game. It just doesn't really fit in with the game's style, IMO.

What needs to change to make it fit more? If it was a room in the dojo that let clans or clanmates compete against each other would it be styled better?

Your solution is not related to pvp aside from that it's not a bad idea but who would decide what enemies to put against the enemy ?

Each player chooses at the end of wave depending on how much income they gained.