Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Stealth Broken?!?

Manly_McManface

So ive been trying over and over again to stealth kill all grineer in caloris... but for some reason, almost everytime, a grineer randomely sees me from a long ways away from the corner of his eye (he's not looking at me) while I'm crouching, half covered by a wall or barrier and triggers the alarm. this is ridiculous, as i wouldn't be detected in real life let alone in a video game by that one grinnee, and im using all silent weapons and banshee for petes sake! I think stealth is broken, and just in case its not, I'm going to put forth a suggestion to make it much harder to detect tenno while they are crouching, much like skyrim's stealth... unless it already does, in which case stealth is most definitely broken.

Anywho, what do you guys think about a skyrim ish stealth system being added to what we already have for stealth?

EDIT: To all you people who think stealth isn't in the game, or that its useless on higher levels, I SOLO STEALTHED the entire way through PLUTO's EXTERMINATE with a Loki and a Paris without being detected once! Level 55 or so mobs fell with a single well placed arrow, and I only used invisibility 2 times. Stealth is in the game, and it is useful at higher levels, it just seems broken right now, or maybe its just the grineer for which stealth is broken, cuz i've only really tried stealthing corpus until now.

Edited by Shamefulprawn41

anways, I think Stealth is either a new addition or its not really been worked on.

the longest i ever went was atleast 6-8 rooms without being detected, so stealth is there, but it feels more like a luck factor than anything else, and anyways the most effective path is the one with the least amount of stealth in over 90% of the missions

the longest i ever went was atleast 6-8 rooms without being detected, so stealth is there, but it feels more like a luck factor than anything else, and anyways the most effective path is the one with the least amount of stealth in over 90% of the missions

better than me, 3rooms is as far as I ever get

As for this still being in OPEN BETA, i think we should give them a discount, many other important stuff need more attention, but yes Stealth should be greatly improved, the Stealth Kills were a nice addition, they look great and most times are useful, but when we get to higher lvl mobs, its hard to get a clean kill.

Not gonna be fixed. You either make big sprawling rooms with multiple connections between each other to give the player viable options...

Or you just don't bloody bother. Invisibility isn't going to fix a mechanic that relies on having multiple entry points when that mechanic is restricted to one tiny doorway.

Maybe vents?

Thats a good idea to surpass enemy positions, of course they should be small enough to be able to crawl in, having some kind of other security systems, lasers, turrets, and some other dangerous traps.

Stealth is not useful. I mean, the idea is great, but there are just a few factors that make it just... horrendous honestly.

For instance, I can not count the amount of times I have gotton right up on a grineer and then he randomly turn around without any pause and completely deny me a stealth run. Maybe if there was some sort of sight cone that depicted the sight lines of the enemies, or that enemy radar had that. 

Open beta

did I do it right? anways, I think Stealth is either a new addition or its not really been worked on.

They have stated in multiple livestreams that they are working on stealth and have fixed bugs here and there. It is not a new addition, and it has been worked on

It's funny... Only time I was ever able to stealth really far into a mission was a boss mission, and I stealthed right up to the boss room, when I had to break stealth to complete the mission.

But yeah, pretty much everyone who has looked around these forums has seen plenty of discussions on stealth, and knows it is something that has been broken for a long time, if not always broken... But it is being worked on. Maybe not as much as I would like, but at least some.

They have stated in multiple livestreams that they are working on stealth and have fixed bugs here and there. It is not a new addition, and it has been worked on

I cant help but read responses to me in an aggressive tone but I joined on the 21st of may and haven't watched the livestreams. All I knew was that I hasn't been fleshed out yet.

I cant help but read responses to me in an aggressive tone but I joined on the 21st of may and haven't watched the livestreams. All I knew was that I hasn't been fleshed out yet.

People around here tend to be a bit aggressive for some reason. Even I find myself affected by aggression for some reason, I am usually not as hostile as I tend to be on this site. I guess the community mood infected me or something. It is best to just ignore the aggression and try to focus on the ideas behind them instead.

But still, even if you did join on my sister's birthday, there have been plenty of stealth topics created since then, not to mention the pinned stealth feedback/suggestion thread. It really helps to search for a topic you want to talk about before creating a new thread about it.

My apologies, it was not meant to sound aggressive, I was merely trying to make a point. Sorry again, and I hope you've been enjoying the game!