Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation For Noobs / Not Experienced To Excavation.

Stoned-Man

Question

Hi everyone.

I usually never post something on the forums, but today... I had the urge to do it.
***EDIT : i now see it's the very first message ever on the WF forums. Allmost MR21 -_- ***

Ofcourse, i guess many of you will recognize the problem, and other many Tenno will cause the same problem.

I was playing today on Hieracon, an excavation node on Pluto.

And again... Even at 5seconds left before excavation ended, 2 players were still feeding the excav up to 100%. 
We (another Tenno and me) tryd to tell them thats its no use to do that, that its even a waste.

However, they keep doing it. Ok, it wont kill us ofcourse...

But still...  Maybe some players don't understand excavation very well, and i only want to point out that even the power and time remaining on excav if the same; leave it that way, dont over feed it.(waste)

U see many cells laying around everywhere and u have a good secondary weapon so u can go to the next excav spot?

OK, do that, its usefull, but dont activate it if its to far away from the one ur team is still busy on. At some point, protecting 2 excavations to far from one another is hard to maintain without getting killed or the excavation getting broken.
I hope it helps the new players, or the ones who usually dont do much excavation and are not experienced with it. 

(By the way, for the grammar nazi's; i am a dutch & french speaking stoner, i know my english is not 100% good. Dont expect a potato to make u cry like an onion can do)

20160201_220621_800.jpg

20160201_220642_800.jpg

Edited by Stoned-Man

7 answers to this question

You are a PC Player, why not use F6 for screenshots?

It is 'Newbies', not 'Noobs'.  Calling them 'Noobs' is a surefire way for them to ignore you.

Newbies will NOT know what to do unless you let them know.  There is no magical way they will know what to do.

PUGs (pickup groups) you basically deal with whatever you get.  Some are great and some are really terrible.

You only have to wait a minute if at least half the people are at extraction then it auto-completes.  A minute will not mess you up that badly.

Or the best solution: There's the option of making your own groups instead of joining Public Games.

Edited by FreshNinja007

You are a PC Player, why not use F6 for screenshots?

It is 'Newbies', not 'Noobs'.  Calling them 'Noobs' is a surefire way for them to ignore you.

Newbies will NOT know what to do unless you let them know.  There is no magical way they will know what to do.

PUGs (pickup groups) you basically deal with whatever you get.  Some are great and some are really terrible.

You only have to wait a minute if at least half the people are at extraction then it auto-completes.  A minute will not mess you up that badly.

Or the best solution: There's the option of making your own groups instead of joining Public Games.

Well, honestly; i didnt know about the F6 for screenshots. For other games i played before i always used the normal printscreen button and that always worked. Those pics were taken with my smartphone. So i gues i am a noob at printscreening. (fair enough lol)

Ok well... About the word "noob", lets say we are both right??

I have always known that the word noob derived from the word newbie.

If for some it's a insult; well excuse me for that. Was certainly not meant that way.

About letting them know; i can only hope that this will help a few players, even if its only a handfull.

I only make/join groups when doing derelict or void.

Non-key missions i usually don't care that much, since its mostly for farming resources, cores, keys or credits.

As long as players understand each other.

If for example there would be 2 same other frames, i'll leave and make place for another player so the squad can be better balanced.

It all depends on the situation and the kind of mission.

Waste? Hardly. The capsules do 2 things: provide energy and refresh shields. Feeding the excavator is therefore a decent way to keep it alive.

The resource is also GUARANTEED to dropp from enemys....so.... wtf man?

The actuall issue is that they didn't listen to you isn't it? Cause there is just no "right" or "wrong" for stuff you get spammed with...would you care about people wasting capsules on a survival with 2 loot frames in your squad?!..

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Sheesh, FreshNinja007, chill, man. It's his first post.

It doesn't matter if it is their first post or their 400th post.  Insulting and demeaning terms like 'noobs' have no place in online gaming.  The open hostility and antagonism it causes can be easily remedied by just not throwing around insults at people and thinking it is ok.  I will always call this stuff out because it isn't acceptable behavior.

The Original Poster (OP) is complaining about newbie players (or 'newbs' NOT 'noobs') not knowing what to do despite not being given any direction, guidance, instruction, or tutorial by anyone or anything in-game or otherwise.

Telling newbies to 'go read the wiki' is not the best way to retain fresh blood and new players.  It will just further cause DE to put less priority on putting in proper and well-designed complete tutorials on basic game mechanics.

The ignorance that the OP has shown that they didn't realize 'noob' was a derogatory term is the kind of thing that I'm trying to change.  People need to know that's not cool to say to others.  It is an insult.  They will either ignore the person spewing it or quit the game if they feel the entire community is representative of a few elitist jerks.

All of us were newbies once.  But too many have forgotten and have become the bullies instead.

Some of the worst bullies are those that join public games and then complain about the players they are grouped with rather than just making their own groups.  It isn't the developer's job to filter people.  The tradeoff of getting a quick queue is that the quality of players is completely randomized (and usually more than a few bad apples).  Otherwise, it takes little effort to organize clanmates or use recruiting chat to get a group together to do things.

Well, honestly; i didnt know about the F6 for screenshots. For other games i played before i always used the normal printscreen button and that always worked. Those pics were taken with my smartphone. So i gues i am a noob at printscreening. (fair enough lol)

Ok well... About the word "noob", lets say we are both right??

I have always known that the word noob derived from the word newbie.

If for some it's a insult; well excuse me for that. Was certainly not meant that way.

About letting them know; i can only hope that this will help a few players, even if its only a handfull.

I only make/join groups when doing derelict or void.

Non-key missions i usually don't care that much, since its mostly for farming resources, cores, keys or credits.

As long as players understand each other.

If for example there would be 2 same other frames, i'll leave and make place for another player so the squad can be better balanced.

It all depends on the situation and the kind of mission.

This game using F6 instead of PrintScreen also threw me for a loop.  No way to rebind it either, go figure.

A quick internet search revealed the following info:

"A noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. N00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own."

Edited by FreshNinja007