The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

"random Deaths"

BaalRa

For a few updates now me and a few others I've talked to have experienced seemingly "random" deaths. for being one shot through shields & armor and QT form under-powered enemies, or even no one near by; just drop.

obviously its too hard to prove for higher lvl enemy but with experience of solo T4S post an hour before this started, i can say it seem like it happens there too.  my most notable case is when I'm Limbo and i get one shot while being the only thing rifted (spy missions) and not much around to even do dmg let alone one shot me. its happened with Rhino with me but that's much more likely then limbo

now I've thought about this and the only thing i can think of is its not all one type of death cause.

One would seem to be as if the dmg is going though before any of the other stake of layers:  shield, armor, or Rift walking, ect

the other one must be that the damage is being dealt in as if there where 2 copies, Copy a gets dealt as normal, while copy b was lagged be hind and stored (think like Mesa's 1) over time it would build then would all be dealt at when the engine catches up.

i have other ideas but the end result is this needs looking into by DE.

(PS. pls fix the defense log gate screen, for when you decide when you are staying or going, I've lost a narrow barrel, a maiming strike, and a argon scope cause it will lag with your decision. and with these probability I'm not going to get these mods again with out paying the max fee :-/  ) 

I've always assumed the one hit deaths were from the eximus snipers. I can tell you for a fact that they rek Banshee - 1 shot, 1 kill.

I've even had the sniper wall hack me, so that as i ran around a corner it shot and i dropped dead (had it recorded, but i delete my recordings fortnightly).

I've had them demolish some of my heavier frames' shields and health leaving them with only a few scraps of life remaining. I don't think it's lag, my banshee got rekt in solo.... but then again, it was a banshee.