The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Mod Sybaris After Shadow Of Debt

Bloodskll

Question

I currently have all the new event mods and sybaris is one of my favorite weapons mechanics wise and i was wondering how should i mod with the new mods more specifically argon scope and bladed rounds or if theyre even worth adding to my sybaris at all.

Heres what ive learned so far:

Argon scope doesnt allow for red crit by itself even with point strike (that or the chance is just really low) but it does with critical strike) and what i would be taking out is either metal auger or third elemental mod depending on the length of the game I plan on going if bladed rounds is added that would be two elemental mods taken out

Also forma count doesn't matter to me and I don't have a real good way of comparing the dps myself

7 answers to this question

This is how I modded my Sybaris before the new mods came into the mix. (For the Grineer)

GUofTen.jpg

And this is someone would mod it with those crit mods.

zENbshh.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't use those new mods (Bladed Rounds and Argon Scope) because of the removal of Heavy Caliber and Shred, for this weapon specifically, I'm more lenient on other weapons because of how I mod them and because some of them don't suffer from the drawbacks that the Sybaris does. The most I would do is remove Heavy Caliber from my build and replace it with either Bladed Rounds or Argon Scope (Hard to choose between the two), seeing as I don't have room for both. I like Shred too much to remove it. The fire-rate and punch-through from that mod is really nice, in my opinion anyways.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Personally, I wouldn't use those new mods (Bladed Rounds and Argon Scope) because of the removal of Heavy Caliber and Shred, for this weapon specifically. The most I would do is remove Heavy Caliber from my build and replace it with either Bladed Rounds or Argon Scope (Hard to choose between the two), seeing as I don't have room for both. I like Shred too much to remove it. The fire-rate and punch-through from that mod is really nice, in my opinion anyways.

Would you say your damage is more is less tho once you activate argon scope and bladed rounds?

Would you say your damage is more is less tho once you activate argon scope and bladed rounds?

My damage might actually be more (On single targets) if I removed Shred and Heavy Caliber for Bladed Rounds and Argon Scope. The critical hits would probably be insane, seeing as I'm more accurate without Heavy and I'll have more of a chance to get critical headshots.

But, I won't be able to fire as fast and I would lose substantial amounts of DPS with the removal of Shred (In my experience). The new mods make the Sybaris a more... single target gun, and there's nothing wrong with that. My play-style is different, and these new mods are really nice as well, being able to get the Sybaris' crit chance to 90% or so (I think), and I would have no problem with removing Heavy for either of those mods.

I just like Shred too much. Before I got a hold of punch-through mods, I would be shooting at a falling corpse, blocking my shots, until it got out of the way, or either me or my foe moving. I like fast paced gameplay, and not having punch-through on this gun specifically makes it too slow to be enjoyable.

With the crit chance being at 62.5% with just point strike, I'd say that just using Bladed Rounds over Argon Scope may be justified. I'll have to play around with those mods (In combinations ofc) in the Simulacrum later...

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Alright, if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask! :P

Have you tried Sybaris without Shred in a while? Reason I ask is that I used it for a long time and thought it was necessary. Then a while back I took it off and replaced it with Metal Auger.

I thought I would miss the fire rate, but I honestly didn't notice. However I did notice the increase punch through from Metal Auger.

Edited by (PS4)federally

Have you tried Sybaris without Shred in a while? Reason I ask is that I used it for a long time and thought it was necessary. Then a while back I took it off and replaced it with Metal Auger.

I thought I would miss the fire rate, but I honestly didn't notice. However I did notice the increase punch through from Metal Auger.

I have tried it without Shred to make room for the other Crit mod (Bladed Rounds I think), and I didn't miss the fire rate actually. 

I could do without it, as long as it made room for something really good. But If I was going to replace it with Metal Auger, I would only use it for Infested. The 1.2m punch through from Shred is enough for me when every other enemy type has AI that doesn't make use of Metal Augers increased punch-through.