The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not Sure What Next Step Is In Progression

(XBOX)BadgerInTheMist

Question

So I've been playing a few weeks now, I've watched some youtube videos and they have helped me loads but I feel kinda stuck now as far as what I should be working on.

So Im mastery rank 4, I have max rank excalibur, maxing out rhino now, and ill have trinity once it's done building.

Im using a boltor, I have toxin cold and lightning elemental mods, still cannot get the hellfire. i have a rank 7 serration on it too. and i did use an orokin catalyst on it. 

Then I have a max galatine for melee, and i have the cold, fire and lightning elemental melee mods. Fury, smite grineer/corpus. 

I just built the hikou throwing stars for the secondary, unranked.

for my warframe mods I have my redirection at 320% shield, vitality at like 240. I also have intensify, streamline almost maxed, flow, those are the main ones all the guides ive read talked about. 

as far as planets, im up to europa and uranus. 

So yeah, I guess I have a decent base, but just looking for some guidance as to what my next goals should be, which frame I should use at my current point in the game, what weapons I should build, etc. I'm not really struggling understanding the game, I honestly like it a lot, but as far as like doing the orokin derelict and the corrupted mods, am I strong enough to start doing that? 

Also feel free to add me, taking a semester off college so I'll be on a lot, so ill be a reliable person for whatever group stuff.

4 answers to this question

Try getting your hands on all the weapons in the game. You get Xp to rank up your mastery. Also complete quest so you can learn more about Warframe and its lore. Now that your Mastery Rank 4, you should be able to do The Second Dream Story Quest which requires Mastery Rank 3 and have done the Natah Quest as well which also requires Mastery Rank 3.

When I was at a similar point in my progression I started looking up builds for Warframes and weapons I liked and working to acquire the mods I needed to complete those builds.

As far as the Derelict and doing vault runs, the Derelict isn't that difficult. So if I were you I would buy the blueprint for the Derelict Exterminate keys from the market, build a key and go into a mission. If you can hold your own and not be instantly overwhelmed then you'll be fine doing vault runs. After all they are always done in full squads, so as long as you don't get instagibbed and can kill some enemies you won't be a detriment to your squad.

Last tip, if you ever just don't know what to do then run excavation missions. All of them are a great source of void keys and the higher level ones are great ways to get R5 fusion cores and essential mods like Life Strike. Added bonus is I find them really fun

now wen u have solid frame wepon focus first on maxing u essential mods..than lvl up wepons for  xp... and potato only wepons  u like most.....  rest just runk up to lvl 30 and sell.....wen u have free time focus on trade too... to get some slots for frames wepons....

Hello fellow tenno,

Are you a member of a clan yet?  If not, it's a good idea to join one.  My clan, Battle Tested Tenno (shadow), is recruiting now.  Clans can provide assistance in many ways: there are lots of weapons and 4 frames only available through the clan dojo, trading post, clan members tend to offer free advise and/or stuff or help form groups.

Also craft anything you can get your hands on, rank it up and try it to see if you like it.  Mastery Rank is achieved by ranking your weapons and frames along with companions and their weapons.  Also there's archwing, which you will need for Uranus anyway.

You know... there's a lot of advice I could give you, but there's so much to cover.  You're doing everything right.  Next steps would probably be getting your hands on all of the good mods.  You can do "Vault Runs" for corrupted mods and "Nightmare Missions" (fully unlock planets to access) for nightmare mods (dual stats).  Farm void missions for prime parts to get you better weapons and frames, and also to trade for plat.

So, if you have any more questions feel free to contact me on these forums or in game or on XB1.