The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Melee Modding For War

Hades

Question

Hey guys

As the title suggests, with the addition of the new melee mods from Shadow Debt, I'm thinking of changing my War build. But to be honest, despite maining Loki, I don't use melee 24/7. I only use it when enemies are at point blank and my Tonkor would be wonky to shoot at that range. So,

1. Is it work maxing out Blood Rush and Body Count considering I use melee some of the time but not always every single time?

2. What would the new War build be like with these new mods? I would still like to keep my life strike on for emergency situations, so I'm thinking maybe the following mods will do:

Pressure Point

Berserker

Blood Rush

Organ Shatter

Body Count

Life Strike

Elemental 1

Elemental 2

Thanks! :)

4 answers to this question

You could use other mod instead of Organ Shatter, for example, with that much crit chance (from the counter) + the speed of Berserk you could use Spoiled Strike for extra damage. But that's just how I see it, damage is always top priority unless you live on Saturn.

That's pretty much how my war is built, but if you're only using it to heal while your guns are doing all the talking, perhaps maiming strike and true steel would be better instead so you get a flat 90% crit chance added to slide attacks from maiming strike, and true steel so instead of a 10% red crit chance on slifes you have a 22% red crit chance, if anything the real issue is if you're going to just run up to the next target before those 15 seconds are up or just go back to shooting because the war can wipe targets out fairly quickly, leaving anything too close either dead or pretty close to it. If you're facing infested though, i'm all for your current build

You could use other mod instead of Organ Shatter, for example, with that much crit chance (from the counter) + the speed of Berserk you could use Spoiled Strike for extra damage. But that's just how I see it, damage is always top priority unless you live on Saturn.

Normally i'd agree with you on spoiled, but for war it's too painful. War is just too slow to use it, i'd stack fury and zerker but if he said he doesn't use melee unless absolutely needed i guess double speed isn't that great either.

Maybe another elemental then.