The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Archwing Parts Vs Anti Bot Measures = Bs...

rainbow7

Question

This is ridiculous... you can farm whatever other bosses, maps however long you want and i never ran into antibot measures, the only case i run into those is when i try to farm parts i need for missing weapons for my archwing. Just today i started off farming on Montes - Venus for Velocitus stock, i did like 5 missions, and that was the first mission i didn't get any weapon part as a reward, 3 missions later again no weapon part, 2 missions later and on from that for 3 missions no weapon parts, better yet no credit rewards... So i decided to switch maps, done Erpo - Earth once, and again no weapon parts as reward, though i did get credits.

All the Venus runs i ended up with... velocitus barrels...

Can someone please tell me how to get the warframe parts without triggering the damned antibot feature...

I know, running with knux on high range with assisted melee aiming can seem like a bot is flying things, but still this is BS!!! How am i to get the weapons i seek if i am punished for legit play... I've done the same thing twice before in prety big spaces in between (months like), always running into the same anti bot feature. I could live with having to manually aim with melee at some point, i could live with having to use guns instead as some kind of weird say, archwing glitch event as a bot check measure. But this... Give me some incentive to play archwing instead of punishing me for trying to legitimately get what i need. I don't go there for the cash, i don't go there for the materials (which btw drop normally), i go for the freaking weapon parts...

Sorry for the flaming.

Ok, so i've calmed down now.

Can anyone advise me on how to get the velocitus stock, or a few other parts i am missing (which are all in a total of 4/5 maps (Salacia, Caelus, Montes, Erpo & Syrtis). without triggering the blasted thing.

Another thing is - ideas on how to make a check on botters, penalise them, or in other ways make the game more appealing to normal gameplay/farming without penalising players that DO NOT use any automation to run a mission.

Some of my ideas:

- random events (similar to ice/fire conditions on regular maps)

- incursions (stalker in space - hee hee hee - or something of the likes)

- backtracking due to a random event like a blown pathway causes you to take a reroute

- perhaps mission type switching (for example from extermination to sabotage)

Discuss and give tips/hints for me and others in similar predicament,

7 answers to this question

Arcwing doesn't guarantee parts, as AW mods are also in the drop pools and may be awarded instead of a weapon part. It's unfortunate, especially considering how dumb the pools are anyway, but it's true.

Edited by DrFail

Yah, still having been rewarded like 4 velocitus barrels... and one phaedra receiver in 10 runs... and not getting a velocitus stock in around 30-60 runs is BS to me... As for beeing marked a bot, how would you call not receiving a broken credit as reward (neither for completing the mission or from the mission drops itself) for a mission done solo...

Try running that low end extermination mission on venus with any archwing (even 0 level) and a lv 30 melee weapon in hand, it takes about 2-3 minutes to run it through TOPS, as the melee swings you from one target to the next in a group letting you kill with little to no aiming withing seconds, in a run with 60 enemies i have to manually seek the target maybe 10 times, most other targets get auto-hits from my melee with the assisted aiming that's implemented. You 1 hit kill all enemies even with a melee weapon that's lv 15 with a catalyst installed and modded for damage and range (no crits/elemental damage necessary).

Add to that the fact that the other maps have so many weapons tied into them in rotation C... this is BS to farm anything you actually might not yet have. I currently have 5 weapon/archwing parts to be gained from Salacia (rotation C intercept mission), 4 parts from Caelus (rotation C defense), 4 parts from Erpo OR Syrtis (mobile defense), and that single part from venus... to complete my weapons for archwing. And Venus as a low end mission should have the drop rate a bit better for that single part compared to how well the barrel drops.

I don't mind farming Elytron on high difficulty mission, i don't mind having to wait for the proper drop from Caelus, but venus is driving me nuts each time i approach it, now 3rd or 4th time since archwings got implemented, enough not to use archwing at all despite i want the mastery ranking from the missing weapons.

Edited by rainbow7

The times you dont get credits probably are something to do with the AFK system. Make sure you're actually using your movement keys regularly, because if you're just hitting the melee button for long periods of time the system probably will mark you as afk. The same applies to ground missions: You can shoot as many bullets and cast as many powers as you want, but if you dont jitter around with WASD often enough you'll get marked AFK.

Well, still not the case, i tend to use "Run" mode often and in archwing that often causes "bumping" into obstacles forcing me to move to the sides, also when using melee, i stop using using sprint (default keybinding WSAD and L-shift for sprint toggle) until i'm done fighting them, and often even release the forward button while i'm fighting, so i doubt that's the case. Still... the drop rate for the blasted velocitus stock hmm... $^#$!@#g crazy low...

How many runs did it take you guys to get the stock for velocitus? Because i'm around 30-60 runs now (lost count over the months) and nada, not once...