The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Prime + New Mods = Math Help?

VKhaun

Question

What's the top DPS build for Soma Prime?

I like using Dread most of the time for high level stuff, which is pretty straightforward to build because I don't use Heavy Caliber on it, but I'm not sure how the math works out with Soma Prime.

I want to keep Shred on there for punch-through.

Should I drop Heavy Cal for Argon Scope? Is that a significant damage increase or a loss? If it's close, I'd rather use Argon Scope for the accuracy anyway. What about bladed rounds?

Serration / Heavy Caliber / Split Chamber / Shred

Element1 / Element2 / Point Strike / Vital Sense

Edited by VKhaun

6 answers to this question

Drop HC and Shred for Argon Scope and Bladed Rounds. You'll be surprised at the results.

Guns feels too slow without Shred. I'd never use it, regardless of how good it is, but if that's the top DPS thanks for telling me.

Most of the time one of those elements is gone to put Fast Hands on it too, but I can live without that if I need the damage because the mag is huge.

in my opinion, Bladed Rounds is superior to Argon Scope on the Soma P, and both are better than Heavy Cal.

Swapping Bladed Rounds with Heavy Cal in your current setup would leave you with a 75% Crit Chance and a x10.2 Critical Multiplier

Swapping Argon in instead would give you 100% Crits @ x6.6, with a measly 15% chance at a x12.2 Red Crit

I'm not good enough at math to figure out which of those is mathematically better, but its clear to me that BR is the more consistant in its damage output, and I like reliability

Another consideration you have to make is: How good is your aim?

if you're like me and have issue hitting small, moving targets, then consistently landing headshots for AS is gonna be a problem

TL:DR, Argon Scope and Bladed Rounds are created pretty much equal, they just have different styles, but both are better than Heavy Cal for a Soma P

EDIT: Tenno'd

Edited by Demogarose

I'm not good enough at math to figure out which of those is mathematically better, but its clear to me that BR is the more consistant in its damage output, and I like reliability

Another consideration you have to make is: How good is your aim?

I had a feeling Bladed Rounds was better than Argon Scope, but I'm usually aiming and (without Heavy Caliber) I don't have any issues getting one headshot per nine seconds. Bladed Rounds on the other hand requires an actual kill. That means it's going to reset every time we finish the defense wave, survival comes to a lull or interception completes a message.

WdnMUaB.png

Hope that helps.

Thanks Monkey!

Shred is +100% if I hit two guys, so I'm going to stick to that instead of using both mods, but if I'm not happy with the performance in a third sortie or something it's good to know BR is an option for +6.5K.

Edited by VKhaun

Thanks Monkey!

Shred is +100% if I hit two guys, so I'm going to stick to that instead of using both mods, but if I'm not happy with the performance in a third sortie or something it's good to know BR is an option for +6.5K.

Totally understandable, I use Shred on my Rubico instead of Argon Scope (I prefer Bladed Rounds myself) so that I can wipe out a line of enemies.

Might be worth considering BR for a Corpus build since you only need 1 elemental.