Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wanted : Keyshare System.

Dreez76

I am pretty sure i am not the only one who is sick and tired of seing players leave the group

after they've had 3 or more runs on the expense of other players's keys and then it's

their turn to cough it up...

We need a new system for sharing keys that allows each player in the team to put up any number

of keys they want to offer for the run, up to how many keys they have for the specific map,

and then have those keys locked for the duration of the run.

This system must NOT be locked to the group itself so if one member crashes or the teamleader

crashes, the Keys appointed will vanish.

2 or more players join a team, like a tradewindow with up to 4 players. Each player gets to pick which

type of key and then how many of that type of key.  Once the player has picked, the type and amount

of keys he has chose to "lock" the key and cannot pick a new type or amount unless he unchecks the "lock" box.

This will prevent any player from "accidentally" picking the wrong key or changing amount just before

the map starts.  Any change by the player will send a notification to the other players, just like a normal

trade that the offer has been altered.

After all 2-4 players has entered their offered keys and locked them,  all 2-4 players can then hit accept

and then start the event that will use up all currently signed up keys.

All players will then be locked to this event, so if a crash occurs, a new player will not be able to join

the team for the rest of the map or a specific time - this i haven't decided upon yet.

A player who crashes, should automatically be inserted into the team and the map once they re-enter the

game, without having to look for it.  This will work even if the "host" crashes and the "event" is canceled.

If the host crashes, the event should transfer to another player so that the event is still in effect, and the host

can then re-connect to the team.   All keys locked to the even should be withdrawn from the account

so that no player can "disconnect" and keep his keys after a few runs or getting bored.

snip

Nah...that's o.k. I only do keyshares with friends / clan mates...I've never had a problem with someone leaving and not coughing up there key. Stay away from recruiting channel for keyshares and you will be far less likely to get burned. Edited by SaucyTuckermax

Except his advice is valid. I've even been in other clans where people talk about doing exactly what the TC wants to avoid having happen to him. Beyond that, he's not saying the suggestions aren't valid. If you follow his advice, you won't need the odd work-arounds that the TC proposed.